There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
The desire to travel and explore new places is one that's familiar to most of us.
For some, it's a deep-rooted wanderlust, which drives them to seek out new experiences. An undeniable urge to step into the unknown. And feel at home, whilst being the furthest away.
Places like the beautiful beaches of New Zealand. The great cities of Bangkok, and Tokyo.
Or even the remote little towns that lie mostly unheard of. A tiny village set back in the mountains. And trails that are yet to be taken.
Wherever the destination, fueling your wanderlust is essential to exploring and experiencing all the world has to offer. And in this article, we'll take a look at some of the best explore quotes to inspire your travels and keep your adventurous spirit alive.
If you’re unfamiliar with the term, wanderlust is an overwhelming desire to explore and travel the world. It’s a feeling of intense curiosity. And an excitement like no other when discovering new places.
For some people, wanderlust is a way of life that brings happiness, fulfillment, and a sense of adventure that makes them feel alive. It’s the drive behind almost every decision they make. And every opportunity they can grab.
But if you’re not yet ready to jump on a plane and jet across the world, you could try fueling your wanderlust a little closer to home. Travel blogs can offer a very personal perspective on a world of destinations (quite literally!) And travel guide books are an invaluable source of information.
It won't compare to stepping into the unknown. But you can get a good idea of where you want to go with a little research.
Try joining some online travel groups with people who share your passion for adventure. And ask questions, no matter how daft they may seem.
Remember, every traveler started out as a novice explorer with the wrong shoes, the wrong sunscreen protector, and even the wrong dictionary at some point. So it makes sense to use their experiences, their mishaps, and their ‘If I could do it all again’ suggestions, to make yours that little bit easier.
With a little planning and preparation, you’ll soon be setting off on an adventure that leaves you with memories to last a lifetime. Don't let your dreams of exploration go unfulfilled – embrace your wanderlust today, starting with these explore quotes.
- “Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.” – Unknown
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart” – Confucius
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” – Unknown
- “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it’s not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
- “Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from travel’s immediate rewards, the inevitable myriad new sights, smells and sounds, but with experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the right and only way.” – Ralph Crawshaw
- “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
- “At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherished views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” – Arthur Frommer
At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherished views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” – Arthur Frommer
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
- “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
- “I travel to be replenished with beauty, for travel makes the beauty of this world seem like a Christmas that never ends.” – Carew Papritz
- “Oh Darling, Let’s Be Adventurers.” – Unknown
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “You must go on adventures to find out where you belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
- “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way.” – Penelope Riley
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “The real home of man is not his house but the road. Life itself is a travel that has to be done by foot.” – Bruce Chitin
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “The important thing is to never stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” – Albert Einstein
- “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” – Susan Magsamen
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.” – William Least Heat Moon
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Uknown
- “Life is about the adventures you take and the memories you make. So travel often and live life with open eyes and an open heart.” – Katie Grissom
- “The world is full of wonderful places waiting to be explored.” – Unknown
- “I met a lot of people in Europe. I even encountered myself.” – James Baldwin
- “Journeys are the midwives of thought. Few places are more conducive to internal conversations than moving planes, ships or trains.” – Alain de Botton
- “I would rather own a little and see the world, than own the world and see a little of it.” – Alexander Sattler
- “Blessed are curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
- “Life is a magical journey, so travel endlessly to unfold its profound and heart touching beauty.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “The open road is the school of doubt in which man learns faith in man.” – Pico Iyer
- “The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.” – J.K. Rowling
- “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
- “How you live your life is up to you. You have to go out and grab the world by the horns. Rope it before it ties you down and decides for you.” – Sarah Reijonen
- “Travel. As much as you can. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.” – Unknown
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.” – Ray Bradbury
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.” – Bob Proctor
- “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
- “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.” – Unknown
- “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” – Robert Lee Frost
- “Traveling taught me to see life through a different perspective. It showed me that, no matter how tough life seems, or how bad my problems are, there is always someone worse off than me.” – Unknown
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset” – Atticus
- “Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere.” – Isabelle Eberhardt
- “Experience is the best teacher. And as we go along, we yearn to learn more and more.” – Unknown
- “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb” – Unknown
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Traveling opened my eyes to the world in a way that nothing else ever could.” – Unknown
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Travel the world. Understand different cultures. Be inspired by beauty everywhere. Make friends all over. Be a citizen of the world.” – Unknown
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.” – Mohammed
- “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green
- “Live your life by a compass not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
- “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
- “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins
- “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier
- “Traveling allows you to discover not only new places but also yourself.” – Unknown
Final Thoughts on Explore Quotes
If you often find yourself daydreaming about far-off destinations, imagining yourself trekking through the lush jungles of Bali, or exploring the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu, you’ve probably got the wanderlust bug.
And the only cure is to get on that plane and go on an adventure. The world is calling. And it’s time to pack a bag, grab your passport, and go make some amazing memories.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 61 Respect Yourself Quotes to Empower Your Life
- 51 Meaningful Quotes About How Life is a Journey
- 71 Quotes About Always Loving Yourself First
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.