There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” Mignon McLaughlin.
In reality, this can be difficult to do.
If you’re having trouble in your marriage or just need a reset, affirmations can help. Consistently repeating affirmations can strengthen your bond as a couple and allow your marriage to thrive.
We have listed 56 affirmations for marriage and explained how they can work wonders for your relationship.
Why Affirmations Are Important for Marriage
Family life can be hectic at times. When you’re juggling children, housework, work, and other activities, your marriage can easily fall down your list of priorities.
Couples start to take each other for granted when there isn’t enough spare time to work on their marriage. Worst-case scenario, partners fall out of love when they don’t feel respected or valued.
Affirmations for your marriage are the perfect place to start when you feel your relationship needs a boost. You’ll be amazed by how reciting positive beliefs about your relationship can get it out of a rut.
The Benefits of Affirmations for Marriage
Marriage affirmations are positive and encouraging statements that are vital to fostering a confident and healthy relationship.
These affirmations positively impact your conscious and subconscious mind. Over time, these declarations will replace negative thoughts and doubts with positive beliefs and habits. They offer a daily reminder of why you chose to marry your spouse and how important they are to you. You’ll feel better knowing that you’re making time for your relationship in such a positive and powerful way.
Consistently reciting your affirmations helps you focus on the type of marriage you want to have. As a result, you’ll both begin to experience your desires in reality, and the love and passion you share will be reignited. This will give you the strength and determination to get through the tough times; now and until death do you part.
How Exactly Do Affirmations Work?
Affirmations help move your focus away from what you see as failures and towards the strengths in your marriage.
Your brain can adapt and change in response to different situations you experience. However, your brain can’t tell the difference between imagination and reality. This is why affirmations are so successful. By imagining something – e.g., goofing around with your spouse – you’ll activate the same areas of your brain as if it were happening. How cool is that?
Repeating affirmations about yourself, your spouse, and your marriage encourages your brain to process the statement as fact. First, however, you need to believe in what you’re saying. When you do, your actions will change to match these new beliefs.
For example, replace “My wife/husband doesn’t have time to listen to me” with “My wife/husband thinks what I have to say is important.”
In this scenario, you’ll feel encouraged and confident about speaking to your spouse. And as you know, being able to communicate in a marriage is essential.
56 Affirmations for Marriage
- I value my spouse for all they do in our marriage.
- I am passionately in love with my spouse.
- I love my spouse unconditionally.
- I have faith in our marriage.
- Our marriage is a miracle.
- The unconditional love I receive from my spouse makes me a better person.
- My wife/husband and I strive for greatness in our marriage.
- I accept my wife/husband unreservedly.
- My spouse and I are faithful to each other.
- My wife/husband is very supportive and encourages me to go after my dreams.
- I am devoted and committed to my spouse.
- My marriage is my priority.
- I respect my wife/husband’s individuality.
- Every day our marriage grows stronger.
- I appreciate and respect our differences.
- I love doing things that make my wife/husband happy.
- I tell my wife/husband that I love them every day.
- I am loved.
- I’m okay with my spouse having male/female friends.
- My wife/husband and I make a great team.
- My wife/husband and I are so in love.
- I understand my spouse, and they understand me.
- Our bond is strong. Nothing can separate us.
- I make valuable contributions to our marriage.
- Our marriage is a precious gift.
- Our marriage brings me contentment and joy.
- The past does not influence our future.
- Every day, in every way, we are growing closer and closer.
- We are meant to be together.
- We resolve conflicts calmly.
- My wife/husband makes me laugh every day.
- Our marriage has wonderful things in store for us.
- I look forward to growing old with my wife/husband.
- We have the power and freedom to create the marriage we desire.
- We are honest with each other.
- We complete each other.
- Every day, our marriage becomes stronger and more stable.
- I love my wife/husband and tell her/him every day.
- I enjoy telling my spouse about my day as it brings us closer.
- We communicate healthily and constructively.
- I appreciate everything my wife/husband does for me.
- Our marriage brings out the best in us.
- I am inspired to become like my wife/husband.
- My wife/husband is the best partner I could ever hope for.
- My wife/husband is non-judgmental.
- My wife/husband leads me towards the best things in life.
- I share everything with my spouse.
- We have a very comfortable and intimate relationship.
- Our love story is passionate.
- I always take care of my spouse.
- My spouse and I are patient and kind towards each other.
- We cherish each other’s presence.
- We always consult each other before making a decision.
- I will listen to my wife/husband when I am angry.
- I’ll always respect the choices my wife/husband makes.
- My wife/husband fills me up with pride.
How to Use Affirmations for Marriage
Your affirmations are just one self-help tool that can offer some support in your marriage.
Every relationship is different. Therefore, create affirmations to suit your personal experience. The ones mentioned above can help you get started, and I’m sure you’ll find a few that resonate as is.
How to Make Them More Effective
Affirmations can feel like goals, but remember that you’re using these statements to get rid of your old beliefs and patterns. The quickest way to see change is by acting as if the change has already happened.
Goals are something you work towards. Your marriage affirmations remind you of what is happening now. This is why affirmations are phrased in the present tense.
When developing your affirmations, only use the present tense. For example, “My wife/husband fills me up with pride” instead of “My wife/husband filled me up with pride.”
When your statements are confident and in the present tense, it’s easier to believe them. Your belief will grow stronger and stronger each day. As soon as you start, you’ll feel excited and empowered about your relationship.
Final Thought on Affirmations for Marriage
Reciting positive affirmations for your marriage empowers you to transform it. Doing so also allows you to support and maintain already great relationships. When you repeat your affirmations daily, you’ll start to feel more confident as you and your partner begin to flourish together once more.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.