There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you toss and turn at night believing you’re all on your own, with no one to confide in?
It happens to the best of us.
Using affirmations for overcoming feelings of loneliness is a quick and effective way to get out of this depressing rut. By reading them throughout the day or repeating them to yourself when you need a little pick-me-up, you’ll realize you’re not as lonely as you might sometimes think.
(Side note: Want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations? Check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.)
What You Will Learn
Taking time for yourself is hugely beneficial for many aspects of your life. It can improve your mental well-being immensely.
Constant communication with others often leads to exhaustion and pent-up tension.
When you set aside some quality time for yourself, you can slow down, unwind, and examine your emotions without the fear of being judged or criticized.
But when you spend too much time with your thoughts, your mind can run away from you and lead down a darker road. Your mindset will remain skewed until the way back to happiness is obscured by a sense of anxiety, abandonment, and lovelessness.
Loneliness fosters a negative outlook so strong that it can cause serious damage to your health. According to Verywell Mind, loneliness leads to “a wide range of negative health consequences including a higher risk for depression, anxiety, obesity, high blood pressure, and early death.”
The line between much-needed alone time and crippling loneliness is thin and easy to blur.
When negative thinking overwhelms you, simply going about your day feels like a chore. Feeling abandoned by and disconnected from your friends and family lowers your self-esteem and makes you question whether you have any qualities other people can appreciate and respect.
This doesn’t mean that you’re defenseless against the onslaught of loneliness. On the contrary, positive affirmations for overcoming feelings of loneliness will enable you to stay calm and optimistic when loneliness comes knocking.
Your beliefs dictate your reality, and you have the tools to shape a reality where you are loved, have a lot to offer to others, and the people around you appreciate you for who you are.
You probably won’t notice an overnight change, so it’s vital to remain patient and stay determined to improve your life.
Soon, you’ll be spending your alone time in a good mood, not fearing that loneliness will take over.
- I appreciate myself by taking the time to recharge.
- I am not perfect, and I accept myself completely.
- I accept my mistakes and make amends with the people I care about.
- People understand that I am more than the sum of my mistakes.
- I let go of regret. What is done is done. I will do better in the future.
- I am loved, and my friends are a good support system.
- I cherish being alone and use that time to discover more about myself.
- Spending time away is a necessary part of all healthy relationships.
- I embrace the peace and quiet of my own company.
- I am full of self-love. I do not depend on external validation to feel good.
- I am stronger than loneliness. Fear and anxiety can’t hold me back.
- I find comfort in taking care of myself.
- I achieve amazing things all by myself.
- The people in my life will lift me up when I stumble.
- The rough times I’m going through teach me how to build a brighter future.
- I respect and love myself, and that’s enough.
- I treat myself with kindness and patience.
- I give myself time to learn and grow from difficult situations.
- I give value to the lives of the people around me.
- The world accepts everything I have to offer.
- I am in control of where my life takes me. It is taking me toward good things.
- I choose to make today wonderful.
- I welcome good thoughts only and release negativity.
- I use my time to understand myself and become a better person.
- I look forward to becoming the best version of myself.
- I find genuine happiness in being confident in who I am.
- My friends and family love spending time with me and regularly keep in touch.
- When I am struggling, others are glad to help.
- I am here for a reason and will accomplish so much.
- I am proud of myself for finding beauty in the little things.
- I attract people who genuinely love me and enrich my inner world.
I attract people who genuinely love me and enrich my inner world.”
- I am part of a community that appreciates what I have to offer.
- I will not change and make myself small to appease others.
- Negative opinions don’t influence me. Only I influence my thoughts and feelings.
- I am ready to start fresh today. Today is a day for love and kindness.
- I find happiness in everything I do.
- Bad days will pass, and joy will come again.
- I find ways to help people.
- I am cherished, loved, and important.
- I have survived bad circumstances before, and I will survive them again.
- Alone time teaches me valuable lessons about myself and the world.
- I can easily shake off feelings of stress and abandonment.
- People are interested in what I have to say and eagerly listen to me.
- My existence matters, and I am leaving my mark on the world.
- My life has meaning, and it’s overflowing with love and laughter.
- I embrace the new memories I will make with my loved ones.
- I trust that things are getting better and better each day.
- I live in the present moment and am not held back by the past.
- I invite positive energy into my life.
- I am grateful for the chance to bring joy and laughter to others.
In trying to keep up with the demands of modern life, it often feels as though you’re forced to sacrifice the connections you’ve formed with other people to make time for everything. You might even think that your loved ones are not giving you enough time in their schedules. This feeling can stir up some unpleasant feelings, and if you dwell on it, loneliness will dictate the rhythm of your life, giving it a low-spirited tone.
Once you learn how to combat the fear of abandonment and the stress of feeling unimportant, your mood will improve drastically.
When you’re on your own, nurturing feelings of self-love is powerful. It will motivate you to go through your days with ease, confident in your inner worth.
It’s essential to find the strength to fend off loneliness. You’ll start enjoying your own company, rediscover forgotten parts of your personality, and rediscover an appreciation for the core values which make you unique.
This doesn’t mean neglecting others, but instead, relearning how to spend time with your mind in a healthy and beneficial way.
You’ve seen this happen during the ongoing pandemic. Many people panicked because, for the first time, they were forced to spend extended periods away from their friends and family.
Eventually, though, they turned isolation into a rediscovery of the self, picking up new hobbies, setting up mindful routines, and trying new things on their own. They found in themselves an endless reservoir of fun and joy. They took a chance on themselves and saw that there was more to them than they had initially thought.
Building new habits and establishing healthy routines is just one way to add positivity to your alone time. Don’t give yourself up to negativity and make peace with unhappiness.
Instead, when you take the steps toward lifting your spirits and realize how much you matter, you’ll soon appreciate the value you hold in the eyes of loved ones.
Positive affirmations are short and easily fit into your day. When you feel yourself growing upset and anxious, inhale, take deep breaths, and repeat those affirmations which work best for you. Repeat three to five times.
You can also try repeating them at the same time each day so that your body and mind are ready to absorb the positive message on a routine basis.
After a while, you’ll see that you’ve stopped dreading being alone and that you’re looking forward to taking time for yourself and realizing just how powerful positive thinking is!
While we can’t avoid the feeling of loneliness all of the time, we shouldn’t let it control how our reality will turn out.
By using affirmations to overcome feelings of loneliness, you’ll remember how to love yourself for who you are, adding more meaning and purpose to your life. If you want to learn how to get the most out of affirmations, check out our guide to see how you can use them to change your life for the better.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.