There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you often get nervous and uncomfortable when surrounded by many people?
Or do you sometimes become self-conscious and insecure when dealing with unfavorable situations?
In this post, we share with you some of the best social anxiety quotes that can help you deal with uncomfortable and unfavorable scenarios. We want to help you feel more relaxed and calm if you ever need to face a crowd full of people.
But before we proceed, let us share with you some information about social anxiety and what you can get from reading these quotes.
Why Read Social Anxiety Quotes?
Social anxiety is a mental health condition where a person fears or worries too much about being surrounded by people. For a person suffering from this disorder, being in public under uncomfortable situations can be too much to handle.
Additionally, anxiety can affect the different aspects of your life. If not handled wisely, it can interfere with your work, relationships, and even health. It can lower your self-esteem and even make you completely lose confidence.
Today we present social anxiety quotes that can help alleviate your doubts and fears. You can draw inspiration from these quotes to drive away your uncertainties. By reading these quotes, you will realize that suffering from this condition does not mean that you are less of a person.
Moreover, reading these quotes can help you understand that you are not alone. There are tons of other people who are going through the same thing, but they choose to not be controlled by it. Instead of getting stuck in the pain, they look for ways to become better, happier human beings.
- “To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal.” – Boyd K. Packer
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
- “Anxiety and depression are the prices you pay for a well-lived life.” – George Vaillant
- “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Anxiety is good for nothing if we can't turn it into a defense.” – Samuel Rush Meyrick
- “At the end of the day, tell yourself gently: ‘I love you, you did the best you could today, and even if you didn’t accomplish all you had planned, I love you anyway.” – Anonymous
- “You have dug your soul out of the dark, you have fought to be here; do not go back to what buried you.” – Bianca Sparacino
- “You are not weak. People like us, we're brave. We're the ones who get up and face our worst fears every day. We keep fighting.” – Jen Wilde
- “If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Self-consciousness is the enemy of all art, be it acting, writing, painting, or living itself, which is the greatest art of all.” – Ray Bradbury
“Self-consciousness is the enemy of all art, be it acting, writing, painting, or living itself, which is the greatest art of all.” – Ray Bradbury
- “The constant vigilance and my heightened anxiety that I'd screw it up anyway exhausted me, but I persevered.” – Tracey Garvis Graves
- “I learned years ago that it’s okay to do this. To seek out small spaces for me, to stop and imagine myself alone. People are too much sometimes. Friends, acquaintances, enemies, strangers. It doesn’t matter; they all crowd. Even if they’re all the way across the room, they crowd. I take a moment of silence and think: I am here. I am okay.” – Francesca Zappia
- “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” – Walter Anderson
- “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression…It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
- “Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby.” – Ruth E. Renkel
- “Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy at the moment.” – J. Donald Walters
- “Slow breathing is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: the anchor won't make the storm goes away, but it will hold you steady until it passes.” – Russ Harris
- “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- “Don't let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all, it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” – Anonymous
- “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Everyone faces challenges in life. It’s a matter of how you learn to overcome them and use them to your advantage.” – Celestine Chua
- “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
- “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
- “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” – Renee Jain
- “Anxiety was born at the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it— just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.” – Unknown
- “Some days, doing ‘the best we can’ may still fall short of what we would like to be able to do, but life isn’t perfect—on any front—and doing what we can with what we have is the most we should expect of ourselves or anyone else.” – Fred Rogers
- “One way to handle social anxiety is to pretend you are a ghost and people are staring at you because they have a gift they never asked for.” – Aparna Nancherla
- “It's not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame, and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.” – Stephen Fry
- “It’s okay to feel unstable. It’s ok to disassociate. It’s okay to hide from the world. It’s ok to need help. It’s okay not to be okay. Your mental illness is not a personal failure.” – Unknown
- “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “Your mental health is more important than the test, the interview, the lunch date, the meeting, the family dinner, the soccer game, the recital, and the grocery-run. Take care of yourself.” – Naked With Anxiety
Final Thoughts on Social Anxiety
It is important to remember that social anxiety is something you should not ignore. If you feel like you’re experiencing its symptoms, such as extreme sweating and trembling when in front of a crowd, you should consider consulting with a health professional.
In addition, whenever you feel anxiety attacks coming on, read these quotes and gain strength from them. It’s all right to feel anxious at times, but you have to remember that it shouldn’t get in the way of your dreams and aspirations.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.