There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Knowing your own value is critical to success.
Often, what we think about ourselves determines what we get from a given portion of life. If you believe yourself to be unworthy of something then more often than not you will prove yourself to be correct.
We’ve put together 105 know-your-worth quotes to help you build confidence in yourself because it’s only when you value yourself that other people will begin to value you. To change the way we think about ourselves requires us to reprogram our minds.
These quotes will help you achieve just that, as they will give your inspiration and raw materials to counteract any habitual negative thoughts that bring down your own concept of self-value.
Before we get started on the quotes, we’ll discuss more on “self-value” and how these quotes can help you increase it.
Why Read Know Your Worth Quotes
When we say self-value, it can mean many things. It can relate to your self-esteem and generally feelings you have about who you are. If we have a negative image of our own value then we will often find ways to sabotage our success.
An example of this in action is something everyone may be familiar with, you could be looking at a job that you think is great, but you say to yourself “I can’t do that” or “it’s too hard”. While it’s usually not wise to lie about your abilities, if you’re dismissing yourself immediately then this is a sign of self-sabotage.
Another example of this in action is not talking to someone you like because you think you aren’t good enough. There’s been many young boys and girls who have talked themselves out of what may have been a wonderful relationship, all because of having low self-value.
The only way to increase your self-value is to take actions when otherwise you would not. This is the only way to convince your subconscious mind that you value yourself. How will the quotes help you with this?
The media we consume shapes the way we think, we can enhance our courage and build our self-confidence when we listen to or read empowering words. It also gives your mind fuel to introspect and change your normal behavior.
The quotes will also help build your wisdom, as well as enable you to act more consciously. This all aids you to take positive action and seriously level up your self-worth.
Now let’s bring on these quotes.
105 Know Your Worth Quotes to Increase Self-Value
- “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” – Rashida Rowe
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
- “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
- “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” – Maryam Hasnaa
- “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Ian Wallace
- “You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.” – Tene Edwards
- “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
- “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun. Surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow.” – Pavana
- “The man of genius inspires us with a boundless confidence in our own powers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” – Brian Tracy
- “Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
- “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” – Brian Tracy
- “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster.” – Nic Sheff
- “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”– Norman Vincent Peale
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
- “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head,It will get easier, your dreams are not dead.” – Nikki Rowe
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”– Dalai Lama
- “Things of value require sacrifice. If people are too hurt, too busy or too damn stupid to see that you’re a blessing they’ve been asking for, just fall back. Know your worth.” – Anonymous
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “What defines you isn’t how many times you crash but the number of times you get back.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart
- “You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth.” – Billy Chapata
- “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” – Beau Taplin
- “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- “Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” – Kanye West
- “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Self-trust is the first secret of success.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Those who achieve the extraordinary are usually the most ordinary because they have nothing to prove to anybody. Be Humble.” – Aaron Lauritsen
- “He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred neither understand you nor know your true worth.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
- “Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.” – Dr. Asa Don Brown
- “I don’t want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.” – Henry James
- “Seduce yourself first.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
- “We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”– Buddha
- “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.” – Tim Fargo
- “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
- “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Forgiving yourself, believing in yourself and choosing to love yourself are the best gifts one could receive.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up.” – Rachel Corrie
- “Only when you are aware of the uniqueness of everyone’s individual body will you begin to have a sense of your own self-worth.” – Ma Jian
- “Originals cost more than imitations.” – Suzy Kassem
- “If you’re following your dreams, you’re doing something you love and that you believe in yourself for.” – McKayla Maroney
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
- “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Be a good person, but don’t waste your time trying to prove it.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
- “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.” – Robert Collier
- “How can we embrace rest and play if we’ve tied our self-worth to what we produce?” – Brene Brown
- “It took many years of vomiting up all the filth I’d been taught about myself, and half-believed before I was able to walk on the earth as though I had a right to be here.” – James Baldwin
- “Don’t waste a second of your time convincing other people you’re worth loving.” – Atticus
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Self-worth is so vital to your happiness if you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.” – Sandy Hale
- “When you start to build self-worth and redeem your magnificence, the fears go away – you void your fears via your realization of your own self-worth.” – Lee Carroll
- “We are the brightest star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light.” – E. L. Blade
- “Why settle for a lesser vision? When you are destined for greatness!” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” T. Harv Eker
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” -Malcolm S. Forbes
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” – Frederick Douglass
- “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi
- “You can’t be successful and loved by everyone. Choose wisely.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” – Brené Brown
- “Role models are only of limited use. For no-one is as important, potentially powerful and as key in your life and world as you.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Confidence is when you believe in yourself and your abilities, arrogance is when you think you are better than others and act accordingly.”– Stewart Stafford
- “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”– Rob Liano
- “I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side.” – Maya Angelou
- “The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.” – Jerry Gillies
- “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “You are not your mistakes; they are what you did, not who you are.” – Lisa Lieberman
- “Go all in on yourself.” – Jack Butcher
- “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller
- “As a mountain of rock is unshaken by wind, so also, the wise are unperturbed by blame or by praise.” – The Dhammapada
- “True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
- “A total acceptance of yourself brings about a total transcendence of yourself.” – Adyashanti
- “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.”– Richard Bach
- “Someone who doesn’t care, can’t be hurt.” – Naval Ravikant
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eke
- “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.” – Sun Tzu
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self respect, values, morals and self worth.” – Buddha
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “Self-worth is everything. Without it, life is a misery.” – Julie Walters
- “All you can do in regard to your own life is choose the best path that you believe in.” – Ichiro Kishimi
- “Few people have the wisdom to prefer the criticism that would do them good, to the praise that deceives them.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
- “You are blessed and highly favored.” – Les Brown
- “The tragedy is that so many people look for self-confidence and self-respect everywhere except within themselves, and so they fail in their search.” – Dr. Nathaniel Branden
Final Thoughts on Know Your Worth Quotes
That brings us to the end of our quotes list, we hope that reading through these helps you to see that you’re worthy of all the good things life has to offer. Sometimes it can take time to change the way we perceive ourselves, results don’t always happen immediately.
These quotes can offer you perspectives and insights that can help you challenge and eradicate the false belief that you are of low value. To help yourself along your journey, check out these 70 affirmations for self-worth and love yourself more.
Thank you for reading, and we hope you get back on track to feeling good about yourself again.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 55 Confucius Quotes That Help You Succeed in Life Today
- 99 Paulo Coelho Quotes to Inspire, Uplift, and Make You Think
- 85 Joyce Meyer Quotes to Inspire Faith, Happiness, and Improved Relationships
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.