There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Trying to conceive a baby can be an exciting, challenging, and uncertain time. It can be incredibly stressful for people who struggle with infertility or worry about their ability to conceive a child. Fertility affirmations can help aspiring parents remain calm and positive, improving their chances of becoming pregnant.
What You Will Learn
- Why Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby are Important
- 100 Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
- How to Use Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
- Final Thoughts on Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
Why Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby are Important
The connection between mental health and conception has been debated in recent years. While there is no doubt that infertility, inability to conceive, and many medical fertility treatments can be stressful and even depressing, the link between psychology and fertility remains poorly understood.
For decades, it has been believed that parental stress and worry make it more difficult to conceive. Then a newer generation of researchers suggested that this belief was an old wives’ tale. A 2011 study showed no link between a woman's emotional distress and her ability to get pregnant.
However, more recent studies have used more accurate methods to explore the links between a woman’s psychological well-being and her ability to conceive. For example, past studies relied on a woman’s own self-assessment of her mental state and emotions, which may have introduced inconsistencies and variables.
Instead, more recent studies have measured cortisol and amylase levels (stress-related hormones) in the body. As a result, they have proven what old wives claimed the whole time: stress, anxiety, and depression harm a woman’s ability to conceive.
Unfortunately, simply telling yourself to relax and stop worrying is not a very effective way of reducing stress. Instead, it’s vital to use fertility affirmations to create a calm, positive mindset that can help you conceive more quickly.
100 Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
- We are ready to be parents
- I welcome this new life
- My body will nurture a new being
- My body is a safe place for my baby
- I am healthy and strong
- I nourish my body with healthy food
- I see our future together as a family
- I get plenty of sleep
- I am full of positive energy
- I am radiant with optimism
- My joy lifts me up
- My mind is tranquil and calm
- I prepare each day for a new life to begin inside me
- I joyfully welcome my child into the world
- I am open to conceiving a child
- I release all stress and worry
- All that I hope for will come to pass
- I am sufficient for this child
- I am ready for the adventure of pregnancy
- I care for myself as I will care for my child
- We are well prepared for the conception of a child
- I trust that we will conceive at the perfect time
- We share our joy and excitement about having a child together
- Pregnancy is completely natural
- I am stronger than I have ever been
- Sex is more loving as we try to conceive a child
- My body is made for this
- I exhale worry and inhale confidence
- I trust my body to know what to do
- We cherish each other as we will cherish our child
- I am happy and well
- I expect a rich and happy future for myself and my family
- I prepare well and wait patiently
- My partner and I are closer than ever
- We are full of gratitude for the possibility of having a child together
- Each day brings me closer to conceiving a baby
- I am confident that everything will be well
- I am worthy of conceiving a child
- I am fully able to have a successful pregnancy
- I am full of courage and confidence
- I believe in this future child
- I believe in myself as a mother
- I choose health and peace for myself and my child
- I love this journey
- I am thankful for my body
- My life is the doorway for a new being to come into the world
- I am at my best right now
- I am fertile. My partner is fertile
- I deserve to have a child
- Everything will work out perfectly for us
- We are a family
- Pregnancy is my next adventure
- I can do this beautifully
- Good things will come to me
- Today is a great day
- My body is ready to cradle a new life
- I am ready for motherhood
- I will conceive at the perfect time
I will conceive at the perfect time”
- I am proud of myself
- I have everything I need to conceive a baby
- I trust myself
- I take time for myself
- I am thankful for all the good things in my life
- I am eager to know my child
- I surrender my body to this task
- I breathe in peace and breathe out anxiety
- My breath nurtures my child
- My thoughts nurture my child
- I welcome our future life together
- This is my time
- All the systems of my body are in harmony
- I am prepared to carry a baby
- I am relaxed as I wait for this new life
- I am ready to conceive a child
- Together we welcome the conception of a new life
- Success is inevitable
- I am completely safe and cherished
- I accept each day as it is
- I release what I cannot control
- This moment is completely perfect
- I have inner and outer beauty
- I keep myself strong with exercise
- I carefully guard my health
- I welcome this new beginning
- Life will soon begin inside of me
- My womb will soon receive a fertilized egg
- My positive thoughts create my reality
- My dreams are coming true
- My life is a great gift
- I see myself round with child
- I appreciate my body for all that it can do
- Our egg and sperm join together to create a healthy child
- My body will protect and nourish this new life
- The future is happening now
- I am happy to be who I am
- I am surrounded by life and love
- I accept myself just as I am at this moment
- I surrender the need to be in control
- I am completely satisfied
- My heart, mind, and body are open to this new life
How to Use Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
Here are the most effective methods to use fertility affirmations to help conceive a baby:
Choose Powerful, Meaningful Affirmations That Speak to Your Needs
When choosing or creating your fertility affirmations, select the ones that speak to your most important needs and fears and are most meaningful and powerful for you. Try repeating different affirmations to yourself in the mirror, noting how they make you feel and which ones make you smile. Choose fertility affirmations that fill you with joy and confidence.
Explore Your Emotions
Set aside time to explore all your feelings and emotions in this tumultuous time. Use a journal to record your thoughts, externalize your feelings, and express your doubts and anxieties. Understanding and accepting your emotions is a powerful way to practice self-care and build emotional resilience.
Identify Negative Mental Habits
If you are a chronic worrier or overthinker, identify the events that trigger these negative habits and practice positively re-directing these thoughts.
Mindfulness is a great way to ground yourself in the here-and-now and release anxiety and stress about the future. Letting go of what you can’t control helps to make you calmer and happier and gives you a more balanced insight into the factors you CAN control.
Engage In Healthy Self-Care
Taking care of yourself, inside and out, is the best way to stay calm, optimistic, and healthy when trying to conceive. Take long walks in nature, relax in a hot bath, sing along with your favorite songs, have fun times with friends and family … whatever helps you relax, de-stress, and positively enjoy your everyday life.
Don’t Be Afraid to Ask For Help
If you feel overwhelmed with anxiety, stress, worry, or depression, seek the insight and support of a professional. There is nothing wrong with asking for help when you need it, and seeing a therapist may also help you learn communication skills and coping techniques that will make you a better parent, so it benefits you and your baby-to-be.
Final Thoughts on Fertility Affirmations to Help Conceive a Baby
Even though it is filled with joy and hope, trying to conceive can be an anxious, stressful time. The tumultuous emotions and physical stresses can make it challenging to remain patient and positive, so use positive affirmations for fertility to help you reduce stress and stay calm.
Taking care of yourself is the first step to a healthy pregnancy, so begin the journey today.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.