There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Naturally, we are drawn to people who smile. When someone looks sad, angry, or upset, we avoid them like the plague. When they smile, it allows us to let our guard down a little.
As kids, we used a smile to gauge whether it was safe to approach our parents about going outside to play or go to a friend's house.
Even as adults, a smile is a good indicator to see if the boss is in a good mood or not on any given day.
It lets us know whether to expect a laid-back or more stressful day. Should we ask for a raise or time off, or would it be best to wait until they are in a better mood?
I believe we would see more smiles in the world if we took the time to compliment others on their smiles. I once had a coworker with a resting face that was not very approachable.
One day after joking around with her, she smiled, and it was one of the most beautiful moments we shared. So, I complimented her smile and kindly suggested that she smile more.
From then on, when I saw her, she had a smile on her face. I saw her countenance change, and it reflected positively on her work. Rather than being nonsocial or short with customers, she blossomed like a social butterfly.
People were nicer to her and were more comfortable around her because she smiled. I even heard her receive more compliments on her smile, which gave her greater confidence to keep it up.
She had never felt beautiful or attractive until she learned to embrace her smile. And all it took was a sincere compliment from a friend.
Why Give Compliments About Smiles?
Compliments about smiles encourage us to keep on smiling. Proverbs 15:13 says, “A glad heart makes a happy face.”
A smile is the ultimate outward reflection of happiness. It can be an insight into what a person feels inside. So, your kind words can help someone accomplish that amazing feeling within.
When we see others smiling, we often believe something great has just occurred in a person’s life, they found something amusing at the moment, or they are naturally a jovial person.
However, a smile on one's exterior often hides feelings of sadness and depression within someone’s heart. We have all experienced a time when we had to smile to keep from crying and needed encouraging words to get us through hard times.
Even more contagious than the flu, a smile not only has a positive effect on the next person but, in many cases, can cause them to smile too. A smile is like a warm welcome or hug you can give someone without even touching them.
And their smile can help to brighten your day as well. Essentially, we smile when we don't even feel like it, and it touches others, and their smile, in return, blesses us and lifts our spirits too.
A smile is like making an investment. Even when you had little to put in (or little reason to smile), you reaped great dividends in return.
Many believe that a smile is the most attractive feature that any person can have. There is simply nothing in the world, in my opinion, greater than a beautiful smile.
People climb high mountain ranges and travel for hours to enjoy a gorgeous beach sunset. Yet, one of God’s most amazing handiworks is found in a simple smile.
Even when photographers take our pictures, they are trained to ask us to smile. And while people may complement the outfit that we’re wearing, they most certainly will complement our smiles.
For some of us, it is possible that we've seen someone's smile and wanted to compliment them sincerely, but we just didn't know what to say. So, this article has provided an example to help give the best compliments about someone's smile.
51 Best Compliments about Someone's Smile
1. You have such a great smile. It really lights up the room.
2. I was in a bad mood until I saw your smile. It really lifted my spirits.
3. You have such an amazing smile; you should smile more often.
4. I didn't think you were approachable until I saw you smile.
6. Your smile has really made my day.
7. A smile really looks good on you.
5. I don’t know what you’re smiling about, but it made me want to smile too.
8. Your smile is much more gorgeous than the frown you often have on your face.
Your smile is much more gorgeous than the frown you often have on your face.”
9. I know you're treating my daughter right because she smiles nonstop whenever I see her.
10. You look happy all the time because you’re usually smiling.
11. You have a great smile. Just seeing it makes me feel loved and accepted.
12. Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your smile is?
13. You have an incredible smile!
14. Wow! What a smile!
15. Looking at the smile on your face makes my heart smile.
16. Your smile is God’s amazing handiwork on display.
17. I give your smile a perfect 10!
18. I just can’t get your smile out of my head; I think about it all the time.
19. You look so much more confident when you have a smile on your face.
20. The more I see you, the more I smile.
21. I instantly fell in love with you when I saw your beautiful smile.
22. Your smile is so welcoming and inviting.
23. Every time I see you, you’re smiling. Please give me some of that joy you’re experiencing.
Every time I see you, you’re smiling. Please give me some of that joy you’re experiencing.”
24. Your smile is breathtaking. I was in awe of it from all the way across the room.
25. Your smile is your greatest feature.
26. I knew if I could keep you smiling, I would be happy all the days of my life.
27. I was shy about approaching you until you smiled at me.
28. Your smile is so infectious. You have us all smiling too.
29. Your smile is the perfect makeup for a gorgeous face like yours.
30. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I want to see is your beautiful smiling face.
31. Your amazing smile made me forget why I walked into the room.
32. You are such a kind person, but I am even more impressed by your smile.
33. Wow! You have a killer smile. Be careful who you smile at.
34. Seeing you smile is such a beautiful experience.
35. I know you are nervous, but just smile. It will make all the difference in the world.
36. I wasn’t feeling too good today, but your smile made me feel much better.
37. Your smile is always so calming.
38. Your smile could cure anything that ails me.
39. I see you're in a bad mood. Smile and look in the mirror; it will surely cheer you up, guaranteed.
I see you're in a bad mood. Smile and look in the mirror; it will surely cheer you up, guaranteed.”
40. Smile. Everything is going to be alright.
41. Your smile is so beautiful that it can change the world, one person at a time.
42. This may be a lame pickup line, but I’m a smile patrol officer, and your smile has exceeded the legal limit of cuteness.
43. Your smile made an incredible first impression on me.
44. You have the most unbelievable curves, but your smile is the best one.
45. I’m still wearing the smile you gave me when you smiled at me earlier today.
46. When you smile at me, I forget what I was upset about.
47. I love, love, love your smile.
48. You are such a handsome man with an extraordinary smile.
49. When you smile, you have an undeniable glow that can’t be denied.
50. Your smile stole my heart. Do you know where I can get a new one?
51. I was asked if I use drugs, so I admitted I am addicted to your smile.
Final Thoughts on Compliments About Someone's Smile
“Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?” – George Eliot.
So many are self-conscience about their smiles and attempt to hide them, but open up to them and let them know that they are hiding one of the best features that they possess.
Smiles work both ways, bringing an inner joy and sense of calm to both those on the giving and receiving end. Plus, the compliments will never get old.
You will certainly make someone’s day when you compliment their smile. And it will motivate them to continue, causing a positive domino effect in the lives of all they meet. Remember that a smile is simply happiness you can find right under your nose.
And if you're looking for more articles about the best compliments you can say to one another, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 201 Compliments and Positive Things to Say to Someone
- 121 Compliments for Men That Actually Work
- 91 Compliments for Your Girlfriend That She'll LOVE to Hear