There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
It can be hard sometimes to maintain a hopeful, positive attitude when things seem bleak and discouraging. But the truth is that hard times pass, and remaining optimistic and hopeful actually helps you create your own happiness, regardless of the circumstances.
So here are some of the most powerful affirmations for hope to help you stay positive.
Why Positive Hope Affirmations are Important to Stay Positive
Life is full of challenges and setbacks, and it’s natural to react with unhappy emotions when bad things happen. Likewise, it is also natural and normal to feel down sometimes for no reason.
However, these occasional moods and reactions are different from having an overall positive or negative outlook on life.
A positive outlook on life is connected to many physical and mental health benefits. People with an optimistic view on life have:
Importantly, we are not born with an innate pessimistic or optimistic outlook. We learn these attitudes and can unlearn them, retraining our brains to be hopeful and optimistic.
Affirmations for hope can actually fundamentally help change our outlook on life, helping us be more positive, optimistic people and unlocking greater potential and happiness in the future.
108 Positive Hope Affirmations to Stay Positive
- I hold on to hope
- Today I choose to be happy
- I expect great things
- I get better each day
- I fully experience and accept my own emotions
- I am open to positivity
- I control my emotions and thoughts
- I have everything that I need
- I am surrounded by love
- I have inner and outer beauty
- Right now, I am content
- My life is unfolding perfectly
- Everything works out for me
- I am loved and lovable
- I am thankful for my life
- I feel strong and well
- I have unlimited options
- I have so much to be grateful for
- If I need help, I can ask for it
- I am glad to be alive
- I cause my dreams to become my reality
- I believe in myself
- I never give up on my goals
- I am stronger than I know
- I treasure my hopeful attitude
- I encourage myself to go after what I want
- My life is getting better and better
- I trust myself to succeed
- I always choose to be positive
- My future is unlimited
- I will choose to be happy
- I take good care of my body
- I can achieve anything I want to achieve
- I am unstoppable
- My hope motivates me to act
- I grow and learn every day
- I deserve to be happy
- My hope is a powerful force
- I am improving in every way
- I believe in my own choices and decisions
- Problems are opportunities
- I love my life
- I am calm and confident
- I am brave
- I have succeeded; I am successful
- I change my life for the better
- I can solve any problem
- I see myself thriving and happy
- I am exactly where I need to be at this moment
- I welcome peace into my life
- I take each positive step as it comes to me
- Hope is a choice; I choose to be hopeful
- I am expanding the horizons of my life
- I make room in my life for positive people
- My life is going great
- I am a unique person; there is no one like me
- My best life is coming to me
- I can handle any situation
- I have grown; I am growing
- I live a powerful and joyful life
I live a powerful and joyful life”
- I cannot fail
- I always find a way to reach my goals
- All my changes are for the better
- My positive attitude will take me far
- I always do my best
- I have a bright future
- I breathe in courage and breathe out anxiety
- I enjoy life
- I belong in the world
- I am intelligent and hopeful
- I am determined and persistent
- My positivity opens doors for me
- Every day brings me new possibilities
- I have a satisfying life
- I am naturally hopeful
- Hope opens all doors for me
- Hope shows me a better future
- I work to get what I hope for into reality
- I focus on the things I can control
- I cope with stress very well
- I act to improve my life
- I can have what I hope for
- What I want to happen will happen
- I always have hope, whether I feel it or not at the moment
- I can manage uncertainty and stress
- I see the possibilities of good things ahead of me
- My hope is a light to see by
- Hope keeps me on track when things go wrong
- I keep moving toward my hopes
- My life has a purpose
- I can do things that make my life better
- I am thankful every day for all the good things in my life
- I have people who care about me
- I practice being positive because it makes me healthier and happier
- I have many strengths and abilities
- I take every breath as a gift
- I have the resources to handle life’s challenges
- The future will be better; I can make it so
- I am thankful for all the positive things I can do
- I love to notice everything positive and hopeful in the world
- I make good things happen every day
- I choose hopefulness
- I look at the world hopefully and positively
- I see myself as happy
- I believe good things about myself
- My life is flourishing
- There are many more pluses than minuses in life
- I can overcome adversity
How to Use Positive Hope Affirmations to Stay Positive
Here are some things to consider when using positive affirmations to help yourself be hopeful and optimistic.
Repeat Your Affirmations Every Day, Out Loud
For example, saying affirmations for hope aloud helps to re-train your brain more quickly because it is affected by both the internal thoughts and the external sounds.
Reframe Your Thoughts
It may sound like a cliché to “look on the bright side,” but there are real benefits. If you dwell on a negative experience, challenge yourself to find a positive aspect of that experience.
For example, if you are late because you are stuck in traffic, consider how much you enjoy singing along with your favorite songs on the stereo, or be grateful that you are warm and dry in a car instead of waiting for a bus in the rain.
After identifying the positive aspect of a negative experience, return your thoughts to that happier perspective whenever you feel negative.
Focus on the Positive Future You Are Creating
Hope is the expectation of great things to come. You may be having a stressful time in school, but graduation will create new opportunities. You may have a difficult job, but it may lead to a great career or enable you to save money for your dream vacation.
The hard times you are experiencing will allow wonderful things in the future, so remind yourself of the big goals and big rewards to come.
The act of smiling actually makes you happier. So choose a song, a quote, a memory, or a dream that makes you smile, and keep it with you to boost your mood.
Final Thoughts on Positive Hope Affirmations to Stay Positive
Affirmations for hope are a great way to change your outlook and change your life. Becoming a happier, more optimistic person improves every aspect of your life and is in your control. You can become anything you want to be!
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.