There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
The choices that we make every day directly affect how our lives play out.
This is why, if you want to be happy, it is important to always choose happiness.
In this post, we share a list of 35 quotes about always choosing happiness that can either help you start on the road to happiness or help validate your feelings.
But before we get to our list, let’s talk a bit more about the value of reading quotes about choosing happiness.
There are times when we have to choose between what society says is right and what will truly bring us happiness.
In these moments, it’s great to have someone who can give us good advice. But if you don’t have someone available, the next best thing is read words of wisdom from prominent people who have gone through the same things you are experiencing.
This is why we recommend reading quotes about choosing happiness and valuing yourself and your priorities.
Let’s check out our list!
- “Happiness is always there. You just have to choose to see it. There’s no point dwelling in the dark and ignoring the light of the stars.” – Carrie Hope Fletcher
- “Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” – James Dean
- “It's not that life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as expected. I just choose to be happy and grateful no matter how it all turns out. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.” – Albert Einstein
- “What we choose to focus on and what we choose to ignore—plays in defining the quality of our life.” – Cal Newport
- “Don't stay in a bad situation, whether it is a relationship or a job, out of fear of failure. It's not a failure to walk away and choose to be happy. It takes a lot of courage.” – Danielle Trussoni
- “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
- “If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too.” – Harbhajan Singh Yogi
- “Trust your own instincts, go inside, follow your heart. Right from the start. go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness.” – Lesley Ann Warren
- “When you get up in the morning, you have two choices—either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy.” – Hannah Arendt
- “You cannot control all of what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward all of what happens to you… You can choose to be happy and grateful rather than disappointed and bitter by focusing on how it could have turned out worse but didn't, rather than how it could have turned out better but didn't.” – Brian Tracy
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” – Valerie Bertinelli
- “No matter what's happening, choose to be happy. Don't focus on what's wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.” – Joel Osteen
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old—whatever “the old” means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy.” – Ralph Marston
- “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” – Hannah Bronfman
- “There will always be obstacles and choices. Your job is to choose which choice leads to the best outcome.” – Germany Kent
- “It’s so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy. Losing your cool makes you tired. Getting angry a lot messes with your health.” – Joyce Meyer
- “If you want to be happy or if you want to be miserable—either way is your choice. So choose to be happy.” – Debasish Mridha
- “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Happiness already exists in your life. All you need to do is tune into it. And you can start doing that right now.” – Anthon St. Maarten
Happiness already exists in your life. All you need to do is tune into it. And you can start doing that right now.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “Happiness in your heart is directly proportional to the quality of thoughts in your mind.” – Asma Naqi
- “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – Gerard Way
- “Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy, and rewarding life.” – Marilu Henner
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
- “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
- “Today, I choose life. Every morning when I wake up, I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices—today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” – Kevyn Aucoin
- “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day. That’s just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
- “At any moment, you have a choice that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “True self-acceptance shows up at that moment when you realize that peace cannot co-exist with war. The moment you choose to stop being your own enemy and to love yourself instead.” – Rebecca Ray
- “Whatever creates or increases happiness or some part of happiness, we ought to do; whatever destroys or hampers happiness, or gives rise to its opposite, we ought not to do.” – Aristotle
Final Thoughts on Always Choose Happiness Quotes & Sayings
We hope that these quotes about choosing happiness help you figure out your next move. Maybe they will come in handy while looking for answers about what it is that you truly want in life.
Never forget that the choices you make help shape who you are. Hopefully these quotes help you make good choices!
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 99 Paulo Coelho Quotes to Inspire, Uplift, and Make You Think
- 75 Inspirational Sunrise Quotes and Captions for 2023
- 75 Positive Vibes Quotes to Feel Better Daily
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.