There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Our social media feeds are plastered with images of the perfect life. The perfect families. The perfect holidays, complete with sunsets and Sangria.
And then there’s your life, which feels as bleak as the bowl of cereal you find yourself gazing into every morning.
With each dunk of the spoon, you pray that today won’t be like yesterday. That the traffic won’t be as chaotic. Or that your boss won’t be wearing those annoyingly squeaky shoes again.
The term Groundhog Day has almost become a mantra. And you’re already wishing the hours away.
But it doesn’t have to be like that.
You can choose to live your life differently, to live it on your terms. And these solo quotes are going to give you the much-needed inspiration to do just that.
Have you ever noticed how your days are often spent running around, doing things for other people?
It's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it’s nice to be there, to help our friends and family out. And it feels good to see them happy.
But it’s all too easy to become buried in other people’s demands. Their wants and needs slowly override our own. And we struggle to find breath in the chaos.
If this sounds familiar, it’s time to step back and search for a new perspective.
One that focuses on your wants, on your needs. And allows you to live life on your terms.
Because you’re entitled to do that, without any feelings of guilt or regret. You’ve earned the right to put yourself first. To chase your own dreams. To say ‘No, I’m not going to do that’.
And, instead, prioritize what truly matters to you, be it a career that you're passionate about, traveling the world, or spending quality time with your loved ones.
You only get to live today once. So embrace your individuality. Express yourself authentically. And don’t ever look back, for the people behind you are the reason you couldn’t grow as a person.
You deserve to live a life that brings you joy, meaning, and fulfillment. And by living life on your terms, you’ll find it.
Now, let’s take a look at some inspiring solo quotes. May they bring you the courage to step forward in your new journey. And the confidence to say, ‘This is my life. And I’m living it on my terms.'
- “Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “When you know what you want and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.” – Jim Rohn
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway,” – Susan Jeffers
- “Success is nothing more than living your life according to your own truth and your own terms.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “This is your life. Do what you love and do it often.” – Unknown
- “Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.” – Michelle Obama
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “There are times when it will go so wrong that you will barely be alive, and times when you realise that being barely alive, on your own terms, is better than living a bloated half-life on someone else's terms.” – Jeanette Winterson
There are times when it will go so wrong that you will barely be alive, and times when you realise that being barely alive, on your own terms, is better than living a bloated half-life on someone else's terms.” – Jeanette Winterson
- “Say yes take risks and live life on your own terms.” – Unknown
- “Think about it: What’s the worst thing that can happen to you if you just totally go for it?” – Grant Cardone
- “Do not try to seem wise to others. If you want to live a wise life, live it on your own terms and in your own eyes.” – Epictetus
- “There is no way everyone will approve of what you’re wearing. So just do what makes you happy.” – Unknown
- “You have exactly one life in which to do everything you’ll ever do. Act accordingly.” – Colin Wright
- “Don’t go through life, grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Do not fear failure, but please, be terrified of regret.” – Deshauna Barber
- “Live the life you’ve dreamed.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I would rather live a life with a hundred failed dreams created on my own terms, than one successful reality, created on the terms of another.” – Thurman P. Banks Jr.
- “Life’s too short to live someone else’s.” – Nathan W Morris
- “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
- “Take the risk, or lose the chance” – Unknown
- “Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
- “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
- “It’s not always clear at first either. Listen to your heart.” – Unknown
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E. E. Cummings
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Don’t ever accept anyone else’s preconceived limitations. If there’s something you want to do, there isn’t any reason you can’t do it.” – Amy Dodson
- “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” – Mark Twain
- “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Ran
- “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
- “Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?” – Nathaniel Branden
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gorde
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The whole point is to live life and be — to use all the colors in the crayon box.” – RuPaul
- “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
- “There is only one success, to be able to spend your life in your own way.” – Christopher Morley
- “Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” – Grace Hansen
- “You have to fill your bucket with positive energy—and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend—you have to learn how to push these people to the side,” – Michelle Obama
You have to fill your bucket with positive energy—and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend—you have to learn how to push these people to the side,” – Michelle Obama
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
- “Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.” – Margaret Shepard
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”- Steve Jobs
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
- “People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.” – Paulo Coelho
- “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Joe Lewis
- “You have to be unique and different and shine in your own way.” – Lady Gaga
- “Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do.” – Mark Cuban
- “You can’t control the past, but you can control where you go next.” – Kirsten Hubbard
- “Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Also, Life is an opportunity, Capture it.” – Sai Baba
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Life is like riding a bicycle; to keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.” – Brene Brown
- “Cherish your yesterdays, dream your tomorrows and live your todays.” – Richard Bach
- “Remember, if you keep living your life on your terms, people can mock you all they want, but they’ll respect you in the end.” – Cassidy Calloway
Remember, if you keep living your life on your terms, people can mock you all they want, but they’ll respect you in the end.” – Cassidy Calloway
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Solo travel will push you out of your comfort zone and give you a confidence boost like nothing else can.” – Unknown
- “Cause life is a lesson, you learn it when you’re through.” – Limp Bizkit
- “Your ability to make things happen, increases in direct proportion to your awareness that you have the ability to make things happen.” – Unknown
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
- “The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” – Flora Whittemore
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- “3 Ways To Shut Down Your Haters: 1) Accept yourself, 2) Keep being the best you, 3) Live life on your own terms.” – Germany Kent
- “Adventure awaits for those who wander.” – Unknown
- “If there’s a definition of freedom, I think it’s this: living life on your terms.” – Unknown
- “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “You must go on adventures alone to find out where you belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
- “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants.” – Bob Dylan
- “The way to choose happiness is to follow what is right and real and the truth for you. You can never be happy living someone else’s dream. Live your own. And you will for sure know the meaning of happiness.” – Oprah Winfrey
The way to choose happiness is to follow what is right and real and the truth for you. You can never be happy living someone else’s dream. Live your own. And you will for sure know the meaning of happiness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece.” – John Wooden
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
- “Life is simple – You get out what you put in.” – John Key
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
Final Thoughts on Solo Quotes
By living life on your terms, you can prioritize what truly matters to you, embrace your individuality, and take control of your future.
That doesn’t mean you have to turn your back on the people around you. But rather, ensure that those people are going to support your journey, and not stand in the way of it.
Don't be afraid to go after what you want and live life on your terms. You’ve got this.
And for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 21 Quotes About the Dangers of Materialism
- 43 Inspiring Moving Forward Quotes to Let Go of the Past
- 35 Quotes About Being Different and Unique in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.