There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
The concept of radical self-love is not new. There are books, TED talks, and lectures dedicated to highlighting the importance of discovering your own magnificence.
Radical self-love can be applied to different areas of life, but our relationship with the body is where many of us struggle the most.
Embracing good feelings towards your body can take time, and body-positive affirmations can help a great deal. Here are 71 statements to get you started.
Why Affirmations are Important for Radical Self-Love?
To make matters even more complicated, the ideal body type and facial features change from season to season. This offers us a clue that the idea of beauty is pretty arbitrary, and what was once considered a physical flaw can become the most significant asset in a short period.
But the pressure to look a certain way can be overpowering and lead to anxiety and other disorders. Not to mention that constantly worrying about your appearance can distract you from living your life.
Many people feel empowered through the idea of rejecting these ideas and practicing radical self-love but are not sure how to start. Introducing body positive affirmations can be a steady step toward that goal.
People use affirmations for several reasons, including getting over a bad habit, getting a better career, or controlling stress and negative emotions. Therefore, affirmations are the perfect tool to help you reject the negative feelings about your body.
Essentially, the goal of affirmations is to train your mind to overcome persistent self-sabotaging thoughts. Repeating body-positive affirmations daily is a reminder not to take yourself or your body for granted.
That is why it’s essential to ensure the affirmation statement is clear and uncompromising. Believing in what you’re saying is necessary, but it’s also perfectly normal to feel some resistance at first. Implementing body positivity in your life takes time.
Demystifying Body Positivity
The term “body positivity” has been used in the last decade, but it’s not a brand-new idea. In recent years, there has been some controversy on how to define body positivity and whether there is a right or wrong way to do it.
While these are real issues, the core message remains—you’re allowed to feel good about your body, even though society tells you otherwise.
The body-positive movement focuses on appreciating your body’s little quirks and imperfections and concentrating on good aspects instead of those that bother you.
A significant element of body positivity is feeling immense gratitude for all your body can do. These ideas blend well with radical self-love efforts, and they can be practiced beautifully through body-positive affirmations.
71 Affirmations for Radical Self-Love
- My body is perfect just the way it is.
- I listen to my body’s cues and honor them.
- My body deserves proper nourishment and rest.
- Aging is a privilege—I welcome the lines on my face.
- I am thankful for my body and its appearance.
I am thankful for my body and its appearance.”
- Other people’s opinions of my body are not relevant.
- My weight and age don’t define me.
- My body is beautiful and strong.
- My body deserves to be loved.
- My body is a vessel, and I appreciate it.
- I love my body because I use it to hug people.
- Images of my body bring me joy.
- I enjoy feeling good in my body.
- My grey hair makes me look more beautiful.
- My body allows me to go places and have new experiences.
- I am content with my weight.
- I love my body at every stage of its journey.
- I choose to wear the clothes I like.
- My body is a precious gift I feel blessed to have received.
- I am a powerhouse of awesome energy.
- My body absorbs healing energy from the Universe without hesitation.
- Every cell of my body radiates love and kindness.
- I claim the power I deserve to accept myself as I am.
- My body is always “beach ready.”
- Seeing my reflection makes me smile and feel happy.
Seeing my reflection makes me smile and feel happy.”
- My hands and feet are beautiful.
- Changes in my body are normal and welcomed.
- Loving my body allows me to cherish my life.
- I wholeheartedly accept myself the way I am.
- Learning to love my body will take time, but I am okay with it.
- My body is victorious over challenges.
- My body is both gentle and strong.
- Me being in this body is a privilege.
- The needs of my body are important to me.
- I sleep well at night, knowing I love my body well.
- I care for my skin because it protects me.
- Loving my body liberates me.
- I appreciate my body every minute of every day.
- I love my nose as it allows me to smell flowers and perfume.
- I love my teeth and my smile.
- I love my hair just the way it is.
- I am no longer self-conscious about my body.
- Loving my body is a demonstration of power.
- I enjoy taking care of my body and its needs.
- Being short allows me to have a good sense of balance.
Being short allows me to have a good sense of balance.”
- My curves add interesting character.
- I listen to my body because it is an expert about what it needs.
- I appreciate all the unique features of my body.
- I feel confident when I walk down the street.
- My round belly makes a perfect pillow for a tired child.
- I reject social norms about how I’m supposed to feel about my body.
- I do not compare my body to others.
- I support others in their pursuit to feel positive about their body.
- I’m strong enough to resist negative thoughts about my body.
- Listening to my intuition is good for my body.
- I feel happy and secure in my body.
- Being tall allows me to reach high up.
- I am working on loving my body more every day.
- Loving my body is a commitment to a happier life.
- My body is worthy of total respect.
- My inner beauty shines through my outer shell.
- My ideal weight is my health, not a number.
- I will care for my body because it houses a precious soul.
- I love my _ because it __.
- All my body parts work together like a fine-tuned instrument.
All my body parts work together like a fine-tuned instrument.”
- My different body matches my unique spirit.
- I am worth the effort I put into my health.
- I see my body with a positive mind and loving heart.
- My body is perfectly designed to do my favorite things.
- My skin is soft, just like my heart.
- My body is my soul's castle, and it is an awesome one.
How to Use Affirmations for Radical Self-Love
Positive affirmations can be incredibly helpful, but it’s important to acknowledge that there is no one-size-fits-all approach here.
You have to abide by your intuition; otherwise, you risk developing resistance to the entire idea. Let’s face it—toxic positivity has made us believe that merely making random statements such as “good vibes only” can have the opposite effect of what you’re trying to achieve.
Still, if you’re not sure how to use body-positive affirmations, here are a few tips to consider.
Make a List of What You Don’t Like About Your Body
Putting together a list of what you perceive as negative aspects of your body is a great start. Many people enjoy making lists, but this one might be tougher.
Take a deep breath and put into words all those issues plaguing you for years. It might be an emotional journey, as so much of what we tell ourselves is an automatic response.
This is your chance to see how long or difficult your path to radical self-love may be. It might seem like a counter-intuitive effort, but it’s meant to bring your closer to your goal.
Make a List of What You Do Love About Your Body
This can be even more challenging for some, but doing this is an excellent exercise. If you can use the things you already believe as body-positive affirmations, taking the next step will be significantly easier.
If your list only has one statement, perhaps it’s good to ask a friend who knows you well to help you write it. Also, writing down something as simple as “I love my fingernails” is a great start.
Speak Your Affirmations Out Loud
If you’ve never tried it before, saying the affirmations might feel strange and slightly uncomfortable. Don’t let these feelings deter you.
You’re not saying magical words and expecting a miracle to happen. You’re merely encouraging yourself to believe in something that is innately true–you are entitled to radical self-love.
Don’t forget that using your affirmations every day is essential and can’t be something you say to yourself occasionally. Practicing self-love requires action as well as belief, and affirmations are the perfect bridge between the two.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for Radical Self-Love
You might hear people tell you to love your body no matter what it looks like as if that’s the easiest thing in the world.
But walking the path of radical self-love and relentless appreciation for your body means pushing away all the previously held beliefs. That takes time, effort, and a comprehensive list of body-positive affirmations.
If you want to learn more about how to practice affirmations, read about this six-step process.
And if you're looking for more affirmations, check out these blog posts:
- 70 Affirmations for Self Worth and Love Yourself More
- 75 Self-Love Affirmations to Find Acceptance in Your Life
- 67 Positive Affirmations for Teens to Boost Self-Confidence
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.