There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
How many times have you tried losing weight or promised yourself you’d do so?
Paying attention to what you eat and exercising regularly is harder than it seems. Unfortunately, you tend to forget that weight loss starts in your mind. Dieting without the right mindset won’t be successful in the long run.
That’s why we’ve prepared a list of affirmations for weight loss to help you get the body you want and deserve.
Why Affirmations Are Important for Weight Loss
Many people feel trapped in their bodies, and they want to lose weight. However, the process isn’t simple. If you’ve tried losing weight, you know the struggle.
Denying yourself your favorite foods and drinks and forcing yourself to exercise is not only physically exhausting, but it is also emotionally draining.
It’s easy to give up after a few days, weeks, or months. But once you return to your old lifestyle, the weight follows, and you’re back to where you started.
Usually, we’re aware of why this happens; being inconsistent, missing gym exercises, and not resisting the candy we got for Christmas are just a few examples. Dozens of these attempts lead to exhaustion, loss of self-confidence, anxiety, fear, and anger.
While eating the right food and engaging in physical activity are considered the most important parts of losing weight, the psychological aspect is often neglected.
If you have negative thoughts regarding your weight loss process, you won’t maintain the discipline and focus needed to stick with it. Instead, you’ll create a bad self-image and label yourself as undeserving, which can create more serious psychological issues.
So before losing weight physically, you need to lose the mental weight you’re carrying around. Destructive thought patterns, disliking your body, and not believing in yourself won’t lead you to your goal.
Instead, you need to create a positive image about healthy food and exercise habits to successfully lose weight. But most importantly, you also need to assure yourself that you’re capable of achieving everything you set your mind to.
One of the most effective ways to achieve this is by using affirmations for weight loss. Affirmations are short sentences you repeat to yourself to help you overcome different challenges and change your mindset. You may think this sounds ridiculous; telling yourself to lose weight won’t make you lose weight.
Your affirmations need to be personal and realistic to succeed. For example, you can’t say, “I will lose 50 pounds in the next five days,” and then be disappointed when it doesn’t happen. Instead, you need to reprogram your brain to relate to weight loss as a positive experience.
The benefits of affirmations are scientifically proven. Consistently using affirmations to imagine positive scenarios triggers the same areas in your brain that would be triggered if these scenarios actually happened.
With the right affirmations, you can boost your confidence, embrace a healthier lifestyle, resist the urge to break your diet, and learn to love exercising. Additionally, these mantras can help you accept your body the way it is so you can avoid becoming obsessed with losing weight.
We’ve prepared a list of 65 affirmations to help you embrace the weight loss process and become comfortable with your body.
65 Affirmations for Weight Loss
- I love the feeling I have after exercising.
- I’m taking small steps towards success.
- I don’t care how others perceive my body.
- I accept my body and recognize its beauty.
- I’m making the right choices with my health in mind.
- The most important thing is my physical and mental health.
- I enjoy eating fruit and vegetables.
- I can’t be pressured or forced into losing weight.
- I feel good about myself.
- Being active fuels my body.
- I take time to think before giving into cravings.
- I am not impulsive; the power is in my hands.
- I choose to eat food that’s good for my body.
- I am determined to reach my goals.
- When I eat healthy food, I feel fit and energized.
- I don’t compare myself to others; I have my own journey.
- I enjoy spending time in nature.
- My energy levels increase every time I inhale.
- The food I choose to eat nourishes my body.
- I don’t eat impulsively.
- The number on the scale doesn’t define who I am.
- I eat slowly to give my body time.
- I chew my food properly to help the digestion process.
- My body craves whole foods.
- I don’t compete with others that are in the process of losing weight.
- The food choices I make are consistent with my ultimate goal: losing weight.
- I drink enough water to keep my metabolism running.
- I am aware that losing weight takes time.
- I am losing weight because I want it.
- Even after I reach my goal, I’ll continue eating healthy.
- When I look in the mirror, I see a healthy person.
- I let go of pressure and stress related to losing weight.
- I don’t have negative thoughts regarding the process.
- I am capable of achieving anything I want.
- I know discipline and persistence are essential for losing weight.
- I am not only losing weight but improving my lifestyle.
- My body is amazing.
- I am strong and healthy.
- I have the support of my family and friends.
- I have everything it takes to reach my goals.
- My body needs healthy food and exercise.
- I have healthy living goals.
- I’m always kind to my body.
- Every day I notice my progress.
- I enjoy drinking water.
- I like creating healthy habits that I will use throughout my life.
- Losing weight comes easy for me.
- I love that my body is becoming stronger.
- I like what I see in the mirror.
- My health is my priority.
- I like taking proper care of my body and mind.
- I feel fantastic in my skin.
- I let go of the stress that triggers my impulsive eating.
- I am not addicted to unhealthy food.
- Exercise has become a part of my daily routine.
- I know I can do this.
- Everything I consume heals my body.
- I’m proud of my progress.
- I am determined and focused.
- I love myself.
- I am grateful for my body.
- I feel the urge to eat nutritious food.
- With every day, I am one step closer to my goal.
- I am full of optimism and perseverance.
- I’ve got this!
How to Use Affirmations for Weight Loss
Affirmations can be a powerful tool for achieving your desired weight. Let’s take a look at how you can use them.
Write Them Down
Find affirmations for weight loss you like and write them on post-it notes. Then, place them in visible locations:
This will not only help you stay focused and motivated, but it will also prevent you from giving up or neglecting your routine. For example, placing an affirmation in your wallet will remind you to purchase only healthy foods.
Mantras on your mirror will help you accept your body just the way it is and disrupt negative thought patterns. Finally, statements in your gym bag will get you pumped up before you exercise.
Repeat, Repeat, Repeat
Changes don’t happen overnight, especially when it comes to weight loss. If you want affirmations to work, you need to be persistent.
Don’t give up until you reach your goal. Even after reaching it, use affirmations to continue increasing your confidence and embrace your body.
Take Small Steps
First, think about what part of weight loss is the hardest for you; this may be eating healthy, drinking more water, exercising, or loving your body. Then, find affirmations that are suitable for your situation. If the ones you see online don’t fit you, create your own.
Start by repeating the affirmations several times a day. Don’t be afraid to experiment to find what works best for you. Some enjoy starting right after they wake up; some do it during lunch; others do it before they go to bed at night.
There’s no perfect way for everyone to use affirmations. You have to listen to your intuition and discover what feels right.
Try to say the affirmations every day. If you skip a day or two, especially in the beginning, you may feel the urge to return to your old patterns.
Most importantly, believe in what you’re saying. Don’t look at affirmations as an obligation you need to fulfill. Instead, think of them as guides towards success. Pay attention to their meaning and let it fully sink in.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for Weight Loss
Whether you choose to apply the affirmations we’ve provided or create your own, remember that weight loss starts in your mind. You’ll achieve your goals only if you feel good about the process.
By using affirmations for weight loss daily, you’ll get in the right frame of mind, and the results will follow.
And if you're looking for more affirmations, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 55 Positive Mental Health Affirmations to Recite Daily
- 75 Healing Affirmations for Your Mind, Body, and Soul
- 60 Affirmations to Experience a Positive Change in Your Life