There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What does it mean to be kind? Why do you need to be kind?
When we show kindness to other people, we inspire them to show the same kindness to others. They might also give the same kindness to us in return. It’s like a domino effect in a continuous cycle of goodness. Kindness is contagious.
There are tons of reasons why people need to practice being kind. It’s not just to show that we actually care, but also to make us feel better. Sometimes, kindness is all that you need to become happier and healthier.
In this article, we share with you 51 be kind quotes that can motivate you even further to inspire kindness in others.
But before we proceed, let us first discuss how reading these quotes can help you practice kindness at any time.
Why Read Be Kind Quotes?
Just like all the other list of quotes that we have shared, these kindness quotes are meant to inspire you. Through these quotes, we aim to help you realize how kindness can be one of the best ways to make the world a better place.
We hope that reading these quotes will motivate you to add more kindness and compassion to your life.
Regardless of the receiving party’s reaction, being kind will always make you feel good. They may not see it instantly, but ultimately they will realize the impact that your kindness had on them. And hopefully that will motivate them to be kind to the people around them.
Without further ado, let’s check out our list of kindness quotes!
Be Kind Quotes to Inspire Kindness in Others
- “Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is the new success. Health is the new wealth. Kindness is the new cool.” – Syed Balkhi
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “By speaking of ourselves in a positive and affirmative fashion and finding ways to eradicate self-hate, by speaking kindly about ourselves and those around us, we can foster a sense of love and compassion.” – Jessamyn Stanley
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “You will never have a completely bad day if you show kindness at least once.” – Greg Henry Quinn
- “You just got to be kind and stay true to yourself and follow what makes you happy inside.” – Diana Silvers
- “Being gay is not something that defines me. What defines me is what my mom always taught me: to treat everyone with respect, to always be a hard worker, and to be kind.” – Adam Rippon
- “Kindness trumps everything. Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life.” – Tom Giaquinto
- “The world is full of kind people… If you can’t find one, be one.” – Anonymous
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
- “We should be inspired by people… who show that human beings can be kind, brave, generous, beautiful, strong-even in the most difficult circumstances.” – Rachel Corrie
- “Just imagine how different the world could be if we all spoke to everyone with respect and kindness.” – Holly Branson
- “The world is always going to be dangerous, and people get badly banged up, but how can there be more meaning than helping one another stand up in a wind and stay warm?” – Anne Lamott
- “He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Be kind. It's worthwhile to make an effort to learn about other people and figure out what you might have in common with them.” – Viggo Mortensen
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “If your knowledge is in your hands and in your mind, then nobody can take it away from you. Be kind and be on time! You never know who you're talking to – the waitress today could be the producer tomorrow, so it pays to be kind to everyone.” – GloZell
- “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Philo
- “Choose to be kind. Choose to forgive. Let your love grow and shine so that people may look at the example of your life and glorify God in Heaven.” – Victoria Osteen
- “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.” – Rick Riordan
- “When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they’ll remember and be kind to someone else. And it’ll become like a wildfire.” – Whoopi Goldberg
- “Because that's what kindness is. It's not doing something for someone else because they can't, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
- “Be kind. It's worthwhile to make an effort to learn about other people and figure out what you might have in common with them. If you allow yourself to be somewhat curious – and if you get into the habit of doing that – it's the first step to being open minded and realizing that your points of view aren't totally opposite.” – Viggo Mortensen
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
- “I'm convinced that probably everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. It's just one more reason to always try to be kind.” – Yolanda Hadid
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
- “It takes strength to be kind; it's not a weakness.” – Daniel Lubetzky
- “I think it's important to experience kindness so that you can experience it more in the future. I believe that patterns of emotional behavior are set down before adolescence. And I think that if you have not observed kindness, you will not recognize it. You have to experience kindness in order to be kind.” – E. L. Konigsburg
- “If you can be anything, be kind.” – Anonymous
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.” – Helen James
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara de Angelis
- “Spread the love wherever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
- “It's not our job to play judge and jury, to determine who is worthy of our kindness and who is not. We just need to be kind, unconditionally and without ulterior motive, even – or rather, especially – when we'd prefer not to be.” – Josh Radnor
- “Kindness is the ability to know what the right thing to do is and having the courage to do it.” – RAKtivitst
- “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
- “Treat others as you wish to be treated. Don't just be nice, but be kind to other people. That can be so rewarding.” – Mary Lambert
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
- “Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.” – Stacy London
- “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
- “Kindness is an electrical spark of life that runs through all kingdoms and has a reciprocal action when shown to others.” – Joe Hayes
- “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Perform a random act of kindness for someone: a smile, compliment, or a favor just for fun. These will multiply and spread very rapidly.” – Steve Brunkhorst
- “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
- “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
- “Perform little acts of kindness ‘just because’, and watch how much better you feel about yourself.” – James Fullerton
- “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “This river of kindness flows through each and every one of us, connecting us. Because kindness is more than just medicine. The act of giving and receiving is where the real magic of human connection occurs.” – Leon Logothesis
- “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
Final Thoughts on Be Kind Quotes
We hope that the be kind quotes we shared above can help you live a more meaningful and happier life. But more than that, we hope that, through them, you can inspire others to be kind as well!
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Simple Life Quotes to Focus on What’s Important
- 71 Move On Quotes to Focus on What’s Next in Life
- 75 Positive Energy Quotes to Attract Good Things in Your Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.