There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Jealousy is a complex emotion that is difficult to understand and difficult to overcome. Because it can manifest in so many ways and be triggered by many different causes, it is easy for jealousy to take root and eventually destroy a relationship.
Affirmations for jealousy can help you calm your thoughts, manage your feelings, and overcome jealousy.
What You Will Learn
Why Jealousy Affirmations Are Important to Overcome this Emotion
Jealousy is an intense emotion, usually comprised of many other emotions, like fear, anger, hostility, and resentment.
It is almost always experienced in romantic relationships but can also appear in other types: Siblings may be jealous of each other, or a person may be jealous of a coworker or their friends.
In all cases, jealousy is a reaction to a perceived threat to a relationship that is emotionally important to them. Like all threat reactions, it stimulates our fight-or-flight response and causes extreme stress.
There are two types of jealousy arising from very different causes.
Jealousy is a normal and necessary human emotion because it alerts us to threats to our significant relationships and prompts us to take action to protect them.
But unhealthy jealousy can be toxic to ourselves and those who love us. Affirmations for jealousy can help us understand and overcome this emotion.
93 Jealousy Affirmations to Overcome this Emotion
- I am open and unafraid
- I can ask for help when I need it
- I am thankful for all that I have
- I do not compare myself with others
- I listen to only my positive inner voice
- I am secure and safe
- I breathe in peace and breathe out jealousy
- I have all that I need
- I am loved and lovable
- I am stronger than this emotion
- I improve my life by changing my thoughts
- I release negative emotions
- I am in control of my thoughts
- I deserve to be gentle towards myself
- I am learning to remain calm and peaceful
- I am in control of my feelings
- I am kind, so I do no harm
- I nurture and cherish myself
- I am enough in this situation
- I claim my happiness
- I welcome and fully experience all of my emotions
- All of my feelings are valid
- I am a positive person
- I nurture my own peace of mind
- I am worthy of love
- I am safe and protected
- My positive thoughts change my reality
- I can choose how to think about my life
- I have unlimited possibilities
- I act with kindness and compassion
- I am my best self
- I welcome happiness for myself and for all other beings
- I pay attention to the way my body feels
- I am filled with contentment
- I see myself as free from harmful thoughts and feelings
- I am thankful for this situation because I am learning how to take better care of myself
- I desire to keep my heart soft and open
- I release all tension and fear
- I will overcome negativity with love
- I compassionately accept all of my feelings
- I will focus on the many positive things in my life
- This feeling will subside
- I am fearless
- I give no time or energy to jealousy
- I am responsible for my own destiny
- I am precious and unique
- I breathe deeply and relax when I feel stressed
I breathe deeply and relax when I feel stressed”
- I am gaining courage and strength every day
- I am becoming a better person
- I will live my best life no matter what
- I can survive and grow through this difficulty
- This difficulty is an opportunity for me to thrive
- I choose to be a kind person
- I respect myself
- I release jealous feelings because they do not help me or others
- I let go of any feelings of jealousy and frustration
- I breathe in peace when I feel jealous
- I will think only kindness towards all other people
- I set aside negative emotions and actions
- I am more powerful than any feeling or thought
- I will be at peace through this difficult time
- I have inner and outer beauty
- I choose patience and love
- I can change my mood for the better
- I care for myself too much to bother with jealousy
- I deserve to have a peaceful life
- I desire the well-being of all people
- My jealousy is normal; everyone feels this way sometimes
- My jealousy will pass in time
- I am in control of my behavior
- I am secure; nothing can threaten me
- I am incomparably unique
- I pay attention to my emotions and behave in a healing manner
- I am proud of how I am handling this situation
- I deserve comfort and praise
- I recognize that jealousy is a normal human emotion
- I value myself highly
- I am not like anyone else, and no one else is like me
- I am strong in tough times
- I will get through this with grace
- What I love, I set free
- I control myself and leave others free
- My confidence will see me through
- My happiness depends only on my own choices and actions
- I make a difference in the world
- I am strong enough to be kind
- Everything will work out peacefully
- I release all strife and anger
- I breathe deeply and relax, letting go of all obsession
- I remain courageous and open to all I can learn
- I grow stronger through every difficulty
- I am fulfilled and complete in myself; I don’t need anything from others
- I am strong and hopeful
How to Use Jealousy Affirmations to Overcome this Emotion
To use affirmations for jealousy, take a deep breath and recite your favorite affirmation(s) aloud 5 times. Then, calm your thoughts and remind yourself that you are in control of your feelings and actions. Think calm, positive thoughts until the moment of jealousy has passed.
The most essential step in overcoming jealousy is to understand the cause. It can help to use a journal to truly explore your feelings. If you feel fear or anger, consider what you are really afraid of.
Think about other times you have felt these emotions and what triggered them. If you are dealing with feelings of insecurity, you may want to talk with a therapist to restore your self-confidence.
A common cause of jealousy is trust issues from past relationships that negatively affect your new relationship. In addition, you or your partner may have abandonment issues that stem from childhood, which require counseling. You or your partner may also have an unhealthy attachment style, which causes unhappiness and friction.
Whatever the root cause, jealousy should never be ignored. On the contrary, it is a warning that something is wrong in your relationship. But, first, jealousy must be explored and understood to identify and resolve the underlying problem.
Final Thoughts on Jealousy Affirmations to Overcome this Emotion
Affirmations for jealousy can help restore you to a calm, positive state, so you can communicate productively and work out your relationship problems with a clear mind. There are hundreds of ways to use affirmations to make positive changes in your life and make your life, and your love life, everything you have dreamed of.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.