There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you find it difficult talking with girls that you don’t know that well? If so, you are not alone. Many people have problems starting conversations with others, especially the opposite sex.
This may be because you are shy or just tongue-tied in a female’s presence, especially if there might be chemistry there. But here’s the good news… we’ve compiled a list of more than 100 questions to ask a girl to help mitigate these issues.
They will serve as interesting and seemingly harmless conversation starters to get things moving in the direction you want. Some questions will even help keep the conversation going after it gets started… which is key to forging a new and meaningful relationship.
What are This or That Questions?
Some of the best ways to begin a conversation are with this or that questions. These questions differ from open-ended questions, as they prompt a person to choose between two options.
Open-ended questions compel the responder to address the question in detail without any comparison. Conversations will be more interesting and provide more elements to explore when they begin with a question that forces a person to make a choice.
The best part is once the choice is made, the conversation is open for discussion… including additional follow-up questions. That’s what really makes this or that questions the best type to ask a girl.
Before you know it, you’re engaged in a conversation that just might lead to a deeper relationship, whether that means friendship or something more. So let’s get started!
Let’s Be Friends Questions
1. Do you prefer print books to eBooks?
2. What is your favorite: a leisurely walk or a hike?
3.Ice cream flavor: chocolate or vanilla?
4. Outdoor or indoor sports?
5. Coupons: use ‘em or lose ‘em?
6. Are you an on-time person or never on time?
7. Do you favor your mother or father more?
8. Growing up, were you a ‘tomboy’ or a ‘girly girl’?
9. If you won the lottery, would you choose a lump sum or payments over time?
10. Movies: suspense or horror?
11. Favorite children’s books: Dr. Seuss or Aesop’s Fables?
12. Do you prefer glasses or contact lenses?
13. What’s your fav: makeup or no makeup?
14. Best quality in a friend: honesty or loyalty?
15. Do you prefer to write with a pen or pencil?
16. Would you rather take notes, longhand, or type on a computer?
17. At the office: do you prefer in-person meetings or virtual meetings?
18. Cash or Cash App?
19. Like lots of stuff or live like a minimalist?
20. Would you rather hear a motivational speech or a funny speech?
21. Are you better with numbers or better with words?
22. Social Media: Instagram or Facebook?
23. At home: do you prefer watching TV or listening to music?
24. Music: soft rock or hard rock?
Getting to Know You Questions
25. Do you prefer white wine or red wine?
26. Are you a carnivore or vegetarian?
27. Are you a saver or a spender?
28. Pets: fish or birds?
29. Vacation: mountains or beach?
30. Perfume: spicy or floral scents?
31. Movies: action or chick flick?
32. Live music: listening to it or dancing to it?
33. Dancing: fast or slow?
34. If you could only pick one, would you get a mani or pedi?
35. Would you rather get a massage or work out at the gym?
36. If you ruled a country, would you rather be President or Queen?
37. Shopping: do you prefer using cash or a card?
38. Printed newspaper or online newspaper?
39. Food: savory or sweet?
40. Do you prefer wearing a hat or nah?
41. Would you rather wear a dress or slacks?
42. Would you rather swim in a pool or relax in a hot tub?
43. Karaoke: would you rather perform or sit in the audience?
44. Would you rather play golf or disc golf?
45. Would you rather jump right in or proceed with caution?
46. Would you rather read or be read to?
47. Do you see the glass half full or half empty?
48. Your favorite guy: looks or brains?
49. Would you rather shop for your groceries or have them delivered?
50. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
51. High heels or flats?
52. Would you rather have ice cream or yogurt?
53. 7-day vacation: Can’t wait to get home or wish you could stay longer?
First Date or Blind Date Questions
54. Decorate with photographs or artwork?
55. Games: bingo or pickleball?
56. Would you rather go to a carnival or go to the zoo?
57. Pets: dogs or cats?
58. Do you prefer to drive or ride a bus?
59. Would you rather fly in a plane or ride on a train?
60. Old movies: Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind?
61. Golf or Putt-Putt?
62. Would you rather see an old movie or a recent blockbuster?
63. Fine dining or fast food?
64. Would you rather read poetry or write poetry?
65. Do you prefer roses or daffodils?
66. Going for coffee: iced or hot?
67. Do you prefer burgers or hotdogs?
68. Soup or salad?
69. School: make A’s or make trouble?
70. Would you rather eat on China or paper plates?
71. When you’re in trouble: call mom or call dad?
72. Do you prefer fuzzy socks or fluffy bunny slippers?
73. Scariest encounter: shark or snake?
74. Do you prefer a sunrise or a sunset?
75. Would you rather have a Milky Way or Snickers?
76. Cake: icing or cake?
77. Would you rather ice skate or roller skate?
78. Would you rather make a snowman or a sandcastle?
79. Would you prefer store-bought jewelry or hand-made jewelry?
80. Do you use a digital calendar or a physical calendar?
81. Entertainment: clown comedy or magic show?
82. Would you rather wash dishes or load a dishwasher?
83. Do you prefer Netflix or Amazon Prime?
84. Disney World or Disney Land?
85. Would you rather go to the theater or the ballet?
86. Popcorn or peanuts?
Proceed with Caution
87. Are you motivated by love or money?
88. Religion: pre-tribulation or post-tribulation?
89. Getting older: embrace it or deny it?
90. Granny panties or G-string?
91. Political leanings: right or left?
92. Waterbed or standard mattress?
93. Alcohol: beer or wine?
94. One night stand or let’s shack up?
95. Cuddles or kisses?
96. Hot shower or bubble bath?
97. Party time: Drunk or sober?
98. Swimsuit: one piece or bikini?
99. Looking for love or looking for fun?
100. Do you like older or younger men?
101. Romance: do you prefer a private or public serenade?
102. Friends after a breakup or foes after a breakup?
103. Meeting you: coincidence or fate?
Final Thoughts on This or That Questions to Ask a Girl
It’s a given that asking this or that questions will help facilitate conversations and keep them going. And using this or that questions to ask a girl may make you the most interesting guy in the room! So don’t be afraid to use this list and get ready to wow the ladies.
Since these questions are divided into categories, they are appropriate for engaging girls in any situation. Ready for your first date? Tuck a few of these questions away and use them if the conversation begins to fade.
At an event and want to start a conversation to facilitate friendship? No problem. Just pick a few this or that questions and you’ll be on your way.
If you do find yourself making friends, but are concerned you’re moving towards a codependent relationship, take a look at this article to keep an eye out for the warning signs.
Finally, if you’ve found yourself in a happy place with the woman of your dreams and want to keep things fresh, be sure to check out these questions just for couples… geared toward a deeper relationship.
And if you want more interesting questions to ask, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 161 Clean & Fun Never Have I Ever Questions For Kids
- 111 Self-Discovery Questions to Ask Yourself While Journaling
- 101 Ice Breaker Questions for Kids That They’ll Love