There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
We are often told to express gratitude, but it is sometimes easier said than done and can raise many questions. Does it mean being grateful for what we already have? Or is it something you shouldn’t think about because it will make you feel bad about what you don’t have?
Gratitude can be cultivated in many ways. One way is to pause and count your blessings. Gratitude for the small things in life may help you achieve a happier state of mind and eventually change your outlook on life.
What You Will Learn
What Is Thankful Thursday?
Thankful Thursday is a gratitude practice based on the American holiday of Thanksgiving, which is observed on the fourth Thursday of November each year. Giving thanks and expressing gratitude is a profound habit that may create a more optimistic impression and appreciation for life. Thankful Thursday essentially occurs 52 times a year and is about realizing that giving thanks and being grateful should not be restricted to a single federal holiday.
Gratitude is a feeling of thankfulness towards someone or something. It is the state of being thankful and is similar to appreciation, except that it involves a conscious decision to acknowledge that a person or thing is beneficial. Much scientific research shows that practicing gratitude on a routine basis can profoundly affect your health, happiness, and success.
It is a scientific fact that if you are thankful, you are happier. Yes, even if you feel like you have nothing to be thankful for, you can still become happier by simply being thankful for what you do have… no matter how small. It is important to express your gratitude regularly.
The idea of being grateful for the things you have is nothing new, but it is a practice that is gaining momentum… thanks to social media sites such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. If you are interested in joining the Thankful Thursday movement, you should consider starting a gratitude journal.
If you are not familiar with a gratitude journal, it is a paper notebook that you use to write down things you are grateful for and things you are looking forward to in the future. The idea behind this practice is that it improves your mood and your overall outlook on life.
77 Thankful Thursday Quotes & Sayings to Express Gratitude
- When things get tough, remember to be grateful for them. At those moments, you learn and progress. When things get tough, remember to be grateful for what you can learn from your limits. It would help if you were grateful for each new obstacle because it will help you grow in strength and character. Be grateful for your errors. You’ll learn a lot from them.
- When things go well, it’s simple to be appreciative. Those who are grateful for their failures can enjoy a full and rewarding life. Thankfulness is a powerful antidote to negativity. Find a way to be grateful for your hardships, and they will become your greatest blessings.
- It doesn’t matter if God blesses me or not; I will be grateful for what I already have.
- If our paths eventually diverge and we wind up in completely different locations, I hope that wherever you are, you’ll be grateful for the time we spent together.
- A thankful heart is a happy heart. Being thankful for what I have, that’s a good place to start.
- Everyone is not entitled to anything, and no one should expect anything in return. Every chance we receive in life should be cherished.
- It’s Thursday, and I can feel my chest rise and fall. The fact that I’m still here is a blessing in itself. He’s a good God.
- It’s a new beginning. Expect the unexpected!
- When we open our eyes and realize that God provides us with a new opportunity every day, it’s a joy. Of not reliving one’s past. To love, smile, and enjoy life!”
- Gratitude is the best way to start the day.”
- I am grateful for the things in my life will be the center of my attention today.
- You may transform your entire day with just one optimistic thought in the morning.
- Today and always, may the healing force of love, hope, and light help you find tranquility in your heart.
- Thursday, you’re a favorite of ours since you share a seat with Friday.
- It’s a wonderful Thankful Thursday! Do you have at least three things you are grateful for right now?
- Gratitude has a self-sustaining effect on one’s outlook.
- When you think about what you want in the future, don’t forget about what you have right now.
- Keep your head up, and don’t give up. On the verge of the weekend, wake up and get things done.
- Be grateful for the hardships you face. You become wiser and humbler as a result. Please don’t succumb to their pressure. Don’t let yourself be molded by others.
- Make the most out of every day of your life because not everyone has the opportunity to do so.
- You’ll be glad you didn’t give up because everything will suddenly fall into place for you. Soon, there will be many blessings. Trust in that.
- All of it has made me grateful. The high points. The low points. The good fortunes. The lessons learned. The failures and setbacks that have occurred. The retorts. Everything.
- You should be grateful for the individuals in your life that challenge you since they’ve helped show you what you don’t want to be.
- Take time to appreciate what you already have while pursuing your goals.
- Be grateful for the difficulties and failures, for they serve a purpose.
- Self-appreciation is essential. You are deserving of all the joy in the world. You’re great.
- Every day, I’m thankful and appreciative.
- Be grateful for all the things you don’t have to worry about.
- Be grateful for the negative things in your life because they helped you see the good in things you hadn’t previously seen.
- Give thanks for the blessings you have. Your supply will grow as a result.
- People pray for the things they take for granted. Be grateful for what you have.
- Friends who became family and goals which came to fruition should be a source of gratitude.
- Always be grateful for what you have.
- Be thankful for today because, in the blink of an eye, your whole existence might change.
- The happiest person on the planet is grateful and pleased with their life.
- Give thanks for the blessings you have. Fight for your goals without hesitation.
- Take a moment each day to be grateful for what you have. Make a point to focus on the positive rather than the negative.
- We often take for granted the simple fact that we can get out of bed in the morning.
- As you begin and finish your day, take a moment to be grateful for everything you have. You’ll start to appreciate how fortunate you are.
- Gratitude transforms what we have into enough by allowing us to appreciate what we have.
- Whatever your current situation, take a moment to give thanks for not being back in the place you used to be.
- Develop a positive outlook by learning to discover the silver lining in everything.
- In the end, the rebound is always more powerful than the downfall.
- The best way to enjoy life is to weep a little, laugh a lot, and be glad for everything you have.
- Others have less than you do, and still, they’re happy about it.
- Every new day is a chance to begin over. Awaken with a grateful spirit.
- My life is better because of the people who came into it and changed it for the better. And thanks to the people who stepped away and made it truly spectacular.
- Don’t take for granted those that stick by you and never give up on you.
- Take a look around. Consider yourself fortunate. A year from now, nothing will be the same as it is now.
- Be thankful for what you are now and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.
- It’s sometimes necessary to experience adversity to spur you into action.
- It’s up to you to make the most of each and every day! So why not make it a fantastic one?
- Worrying over little matters is pointless. Enjoy your time, fall in love, and don’t worry about what other people think! Have a wonderful day! It’s Thursday, so have a great day!
- If you put your mind, body, and soul into anything, you can achieve anything. Much more than you can ever fathom. Being fearless is a virtue.” It’s up to you. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful Thursday!
- It’s Thursday, so have a great day! Tomorrow is Friday, which means it’s time to party!
- Gratitude and a positive attitude are not obstacles; they are choices that you make every day.
- Appreciation has the power to brighten a person’s day or even save their life in some cases. The only thing that is required is your desire to put it into words.
- Remind yourself of this: What you currently possess was once one of the most coveted things you wished for.
- When we are grateful, we are able to see everything in life as a gift. Our minds are freed from the confines of our own selfishness.
- Thankfulness is one of the most beneficial human emotions. It is more probable that you will be able to show thankfulness for more things if you keep doing so.
- Our inner fire burns out at some point in everyone’s life. An interaction with another human being causes it to burst into flames. All of us should be grateful for those folks who re-ignite our inner fires.
- Gratitude is the key to a richer life, yet it’s easy to overlook how much we get in return when going about our daily business.
- Gratitude is the distinguishing factor between privilege and entitlement.
- There are plenty of magnificent mountains, meadows, and lakes in the globe to go around. There are enough of green spaces, flowering meadows, and white sands to go around. With a whole night sky and a fresh sunrise and sunset every day, it’s a beautiful place. More people who respect and enjoy the world are needed.
- When you are grateful, you are more likely to be happy. It’s the spark that sets your spirit ablaze with happiness.
- It doesn’t matter if we didn’t learn much or anything today, at least we didn’t get sick or die; therefore let us all be thankful.
- When you’re thankful, fear fades away and you’re flooded with riches.
- The actual measure of our gratitude is not what we say about our benefits, but how we use them.
- Instead of dwelling on your previous misfortunes, which we can all relate to, consider your many current advantages.
- Gratitude is like packaging a gift and not delivering it; it should be given to others.
- The unthankful heart does not find any heavenly benefits, but the thankful heart will always find something to be thankful for.
- Gratitude, like energy, must be generated, discharged, and used up in order to exist.
- Gratitude is the key to life’s full potential. That which we have becomes sufficient and much more. Confusion and disarray are transformed into clarity and acceptance. It clarifies our history, gives us comfort in the present, and gives us hope for the future.
- Gratitude begins with thankfulness. Gratitude is the final step in the process of expressing gratitude. Gratitude doesn’t have to be more than words. Gratitude is shown via deeds.
- Be grateful for all the wonderful things that come your way, and keep thanking God for them. You should express your thanks to everything that has helped you get where you are now.
- As you kneel to pray at night, place your hands on your heart in appreciation. Let your religion be the bridge that connects you to the other side of evil and the other side of goodness.
- It is impossible to have a thankful heart and a dissatisfied one at the same time.
Final Thoughts on Thankful Thursday
Gratitude is a powerful emotion that can positively impact your health and the health of others around you. If you can be thankful for what you have, it will make you happier because you can focus on the positive things in your life. It will also create an ongoing cycle of positivity, which will create more positive things in your life.
Thankful Thursday is a fun excuse to remind ourselves the importance of being thankful for others and all that we have. A roof over our head. A car. A loving partner. A job.
People are also more likely to help others if they feel valued. So if you share your gratitude with them, they will pay it forward.
Like all good habits, the gratitude habit may take some time and effort to develop, but there’s enough scientific evidence to make it worth your while. Read about a small five-minute exercise you can start doing today that will increase your happiness by 10%.