There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
If asked, you could probably name 5, 10, or even 20 strong women. They might not be people you know in person – maybe historical icons or women in power. But there’ll be something about them that resonates with you.
Scientists, like Marie Curie. Civil rights activists, like Rosa Parks. Philanthropists, like MacKenzie Scott. And even pop sensations like Madonna.
The world is full of strong independent women. But power doesn't always have to come with fame or changing the world.
You, as you are right now, have your own unique strengths. You just need to believe in who you are and what you’re capable of in order to unlock them.
How many times have you thought ‘I can’t do this’ or ‘No, I’m done’ and yet, somehow carried on anyway? You’ve mustered up the strength needed, despite being exhausted. And pushed through the unthinkable.
That’s pretty impressive!
You're defying your own limitations and proving to yourself, time and time again, that you're capable of so much more than you realize. And yet rarely, if ever, you take time to sit back and reflect on everything you’ve achieved.
Whether it was sealing a massive deal at work, or summoning the strength to battle through crippling anxiety, you’ve conquered it all. Maybe it was finally passing your driving test, finishing your end-of-year assignments, or single-handedly getting the kids to bed on time that really tested you.
And here you are, coming out on top.
Whatever your win, no matter how big or small it may seem, you’re amazing. You did that. You've put in the effort, pushed through the challenges, and arrived exactly where you wanted to be.
So next time you find yourself searching for inspiration and strength, don't look too far. Just find a mirror and see the reflection of a strong, powerful woman staring right back at you.
You possess an inner strength that’s uncompromised. And your courage to power through and kick ass, even on the toughest of days, is incredible.
There's no mountain too high for you to climb; no obstacle too daunting for you to overcome. But if you find yourself in need of a little extra motivation, check out these strong women quotes. Let their words encourage you to keep pushing forward. And to never give up on your dreams.
You’ve got this. So go forth, fearless and determined to show the world what you're truly made of.
- “A woman with a voice is a powerful woman. She has the confidence to realize her full potential and will be able to contribute significantly to the improvement of the planet.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I love the person I’ve become because I fought to become her.” – Kaci Diane
- “Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation… in the face of tyranny, cruelty, oppression, extremism, sometimes there is only one choice. When the world looks to America, America looks to you, and you never let her down.” – Hillary Clinton
- “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
- “If you’re comfortable with yourself and know yourself, you’re going to shine and radiate and other people are going to be drawn to you.” – Dolly Parton
- “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
- “Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
- “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
- “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – JK Rowling
- “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
- “A strong, independent woman will break or bend the rules whenever and wherever it is essential to emerging above social norms that constrict or compel them into compliance.” – Sonia Sotomayor
- “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible, and when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Own yourself, woman.” – Toni Morrison
- “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” – Angela Davis
- “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” – Nancy Rathburn
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tiptoed on.” – Katlin Foster
- “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” – Rosalynn Carter
You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” – Rosalynn Carter
- “I want all the girls without an exception to have that space for themselves where they have opportunities to be the women they wish to be.” – Priyanka Chopra
- “Life is tough, my darling. But so are you.” – Stephanie Bennet Henry
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You must know that you can do this. You are strong. And you will make it. Just hang on and keep believing in yourself, always.” – Heather A. Stillufsen
- “A strong, independent woman has the confidence to be her best self. Yes, it requires courage and strength, but it is well worth it.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.” – Pink
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
- “If I’m going to become a strong, independent woman and self-sufficient, I’m going to have to continue to make good decisions for myself.” – Porsha Williams
- “There’s power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice.” – Michelle Obama
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” – Carly Simon
- “You’re going to walk into many rooms where you may be the only one who looks like you or who has had the experiences you’ve had. So you use that voice and be strong.” – Kamala Harris
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
- “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “Beware, for I am fearless and therefore powerful.” – Mary Shelley
Beware, for I am fearless and therefore powerful.” – Mary Shelley
- “Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Money won’t create success, but the freedom to make choices will lead to success in all areas of your life including financial independence.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Never apologize for being a powerful woman.” – Unknown
- “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved, women who live bravely, both tender and fierce, women of indomitable will.” – Amy Tenney
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “I wanted to be an independent woman, a woman who could pay for her bills, a woman who could run her own life — and I became that woman.” – Diane von Furstenberg
- “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy
- “I figure, if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.” – Calamity Jane
- “I’m not interested in being anyone’s arm candy, I’m not interested in being anyone’s accessory. I’m interested in being valued for who I am.” – Gloria Steinem
- “A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everybody else.” – Unknown
- “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
- “I am too intelligent, too demanding, and too resourceful for anyone to be able to take charge of me entirely. No one knows me or loves me completely. I have only myself.” – Simone de Beauvoir
Final Thoughts on Strong Women Quotes
If you’re looking for a strong woman, someone to admire and put on a pedestal, it’s time to look in the mirror. You, with all your strengths, all your accomplishments, and all your dreams, are the hero you've been searching for.
Recognize the amazing qualities within – the courage, the determination, and the fighting spirit that drives you forward. And embrace your own power for you are truly a force to be reckoned with.
For more inspiring quotes, be sure to check out these blogs:
- 75 Relax Quotes to Reduce Your Stress and Anxiety
- 13 Emotional Goals to Set and Focus On in 2024
- 157 Short Quotes & Sayings to Inspire Your Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.