There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What does it mean to take a leap of faith?
How do you jump from something sure to something uncertain? Why would you risk what you have when you don’t know what’s waiting on the other side?
Maybe it’s the desire to try things that we have never done before. Or perhaps it’s the journey that comes with trying that we look forward to. We take that leap of faith because doing so is part of being human.
In this post, we have gathered 55 leap of faith quotes that can help you decide whether or not you should strike out after something new. If you are going through a hard time and trying to make a decision, perhaps these quotes will help you.
But before we proceed to our quotes, let us share with you a few more reasons why they are valuable.
Taking a leap of faith can be frightening. Your mind might be filled with doubts, fear, and uncertainties. Deciding on important matters can be tough, especially when you haven’t been given any reasons to believe.
But a leap of faith requires more than reason. You jump into the abyss not knowing where the wind will take you, and the uncertainty is what makes it such a special experience.
Taking a leap of faith can be frightening, but ultimately you have to go for it. Otherwise, you might end up regretting your decision when it’s too late.
Let’s take the leap together and check out our quotes!
- “Living rationally and authentically means understanding that life centrally involves making leaps of faith, both small and large, and that the value of living is to a large extent the value of experiencing your life, whatever that experience is.” – L.A. Paul
- “Reason is, in fact, the path to faith, and faith takes over when reason can say no more.” – Thomas Merton
- “Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.” – Swedish Proverb
- “Take a leap of faith. You will either land somewhere new or learn to fly.” – Kandyse Mcclure
- “You can’t solve many of today’s problems by straight linear thinking. It takes leaps of faith to sense the connections that are not necessarily obvious.” – Matina Horner
- “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – Saint Augustine
- “The challenging part is in the beginning; it's a leap of faith. But I think the most important thing is to just do it. Start.” – Tom Szaky
- “Nobody gets argued all the way into becoming a believer on the sheer basis of logic and reason. That requires a leap of faith.” – Francis Collins
- “There is nothing anti-intellectual in the leap of faith, for faith is not believing without proof but trusting without reservation.” – William Sloane Coffin
- “If we never had the courage to take a leap of faith, we’d be cheating God out of a chance to mount us up with wings like eagles and watch us soar.” – Jen Stephens
- “Allowing people to contribute to your life is a leap of faith. And that comes gradually with self-actualization and overcoming fears of uncertainty.” – Deepak Chandra
- “You take that leap of faith. You have to be willing to follow, blindly, wherever it takes you. If you know where you’re going beforehand, you’re not going to end up with anything worth knowing.” – Sam Messer
- “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks.” – James Cameron
But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks.” – James Cameron
- “Although knowledge of structure is helpful, real creativity comes from leaps of faith in which you jump to something illogical. But those leaps form the memorable moments in movies and plays.” – Francis Ford Coppola
- “Things can fall apart, or threaten to, for many reasons, and then there’s got to be a leap of faith. Ultimately, when you’re at the edge, you have to go forward or backward; if you go forward, you have to jump together.” – Yo-Yo Ma
- “Everything beautiful that we create in life requires a leap of faith.” – Paul Budnitz
- “What if you began to expect the best from any situation? Isn’t it possible that you could write new chapters in your life with happy endings? Suspend your disbelief? Take a leap of faith? After all, what have you got to lose but misery and lack?” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “To live, to TRULY live, we must be willing to RISK. To be nothing in order to find everything. To leap before we look.” – Mandy Hale
- “Wings are like dreams. Before each flight, a bird takes a small jump, a leap of faith, believing that its wings will work. That jump can only be made with rock solid feet.” – J.R. Rim
- “Transformation is something I cannot explain – too much analysis might destroy it.” – Sophia Loren
- “Sometimes we can make our own opportunities, sometimes we can see them coming, but more often than not they are like pop quizzes, they are sprung on you like a challenge to test your skills, almost like a dare to see if you can take that leap of faith to make whatever it is a success. Wait too long, and an excellent opportunity might slip away.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
- “I love the recklessness of faith. First, you leap, and then you grow wings.” – William Sloane Coffin
- “We often are so scared of taking that leap of faith either to connect with people or to allow ourselves to be ourselves without judging, that we stay where we are and feel trapped there.” – Jodi Aman
- “Chance is not a word to toss in the air. It’s a word to take in, a word to give yourself.” – Michelle Muriel
- “It was all about taking the leap of faith. It said that the fear that stops us from doing what we really want, is often not based on reality. We shape our fears in our heads, but things are so much easier than we think.” – Effrosyni Moschoudi
- “If you're not sure about a certain decision, you should try a leap of faith; for you know not how deep you would fall when you jump.” – Mr. One ZED
- “Take that risky leap of faith and damn the consequences because there really are hardly any consequences, only great rewards!” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “Life is a gamble. There are no sureties. If you want something badly, you'd have to trust your heart and your instincts and then take a leap of faith.” – Alyssa Urbano
- “Sometimes taking a leap of faith requires an imaginative mind that can create the ending you are unable to see.” – Shannon L. Alder
Sometimes taking a leap of faith requires an imaginative mind that can create the ending you are unable to see.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Taking a leap of faith is better than taking a leap of doubt.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “There are many talented people who haven’t fulfilled their dreams because they overthought it, or they were too cautious and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.” – James Cameron
- “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Sometimes you just have to have faith. Sometimes you have to leap first to see if your parachute will open.” – Sonali Dev
- “When there is no possibility of retreat, we will find the innovation that only the liminal situation can bring. In short, we find the faith of leap.” – Alan Hirsch
- “Most processes leave out the stuff no one wants to talk about: magic, intuition, and leaps of faith.” – Michael Bierut
- “When I took the leap, I had faith I would find a net; Instead I learned I could fly.” – John Calvin
- “Ultimately it’s a leap of faith and a leap of imagination to put yourself back in time into those conditions and situations and see how you would react.” – Derek Jacobi
- “You have to take a leap of faith to realize a dream, and this is something that a lot of people aren’t willing to do.” – Ron Bramlett
- “Take a leap of faith and see that these troubled waters have no power over you unless you give it to them, and even then they lie.” – Ted Dekker
- “You’ll always be curious yet deliriously sinking into whatever your nightmare is until you let your wings know you’re serious by leaping into your wildest dreams of self-love.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Don’t be afraid to start over. Because it is in that leap to the unknown where you will find your wings.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “Nobody understands how the world will change. The only way you can plan for the future is to have scenarios. You have to have the courage to take a leap of faith on one of them.” – Anand Mahindra
- “One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever.” – Robert Holden
- “I suppose love is never a sure thing, no matter what words are spoken. Love requires a leap of faith into the abyss, every time.” – Tammara Webber
- “Whatever you think The Uni-verse is withholding from you, YOU are withholding from The Uni-verse. If you think that The Uni-verse isn’t answering your prayers, chances are you aren’t listening to your intuition and following it. You are so scared that you ask for new intuition, but that’s not how life works. The Uni-verse is constantly whispering to you, nudging you to trust It and take a leap. But if you don’t take the leap of faith, then The Uni-verse can’t open any more doors for you.” – Mastin Kipp
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If you want to give birth to your true self, you are going to have to dig deep down into that body of yours and let your soul howl. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and trust that if you turn off your head, your feet will take you where you need to go.” – Gabrielle Roth
- “Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown.” – Brian Tracy
- “If you hold on to certain things that are comfortable and maybe a bad pattern for you psychologically, then you rob yourself of the experience of the next thing that happens when you do start to let go. It’s only by trusting that, and by the leaps of faith, that you remember that’s true.” – Rachael Yamagata
- “Letting go of the security of what is commonly understood requires a big leap of faith and a willingness to fall.” – Henry Kimsey-House
Letting go of the security of what is commonly understood requires a big leap of faith and a willingness to fall.” – Henry Kimsey-House
- “It is terribly important to realize that the leap of faith is not so much a leap of thought as of action. For while in many matters it is first we must see then we will act; in matters of faith it is first we must do then we will know, first we will be and then we will see. One must, in short, dare to act wholeheartedly without absolute certainty.” – William Sloane Coffin
- “Who is also aware of the tremendous risk involved in faith – when he nevertheless makes the leap of faith – this is subjectivity… at its height.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” – J.M. Barrie
- “Sometimes, if you aren’t sure about something, you just have to jump off the bridge and grow your wings on the way down.” – Danielle Steel
Jumping into the unknown takes a lot of bravery, but it is often worth it. The only way to truly know what will happen is to go for it.
We hope that these quotes were able to help you decide whether or not to take that leap of faith. Good luck on your endeavors!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.