There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Starting your day on the right foot can make all the difference.
We’ve all had days when the alarm bell chimes or we wake up and our conscious mind is quick to remind us of our duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
In this post, we’ll be providing you with some thought-provoking new day quotes so you can start every day in the best possible frame of mind. How we start our day can determine if we’re moving forward in our lives or sliding back.
Before we get to the quotes, however, let’s discuss a bit about the “new day” and what it means.
Why Read New Day Quotes
Time flows ever onward but in a circular motion. While no one can stop the passage of time, how you use your time is the foundation of whether you’re living a conscious, joyful, and productive life or not.
Every new day and each morning is a chance to reset the clock. To take what you’ve learned and put it to use in better ways. No matter what situation you’re in, there’s always something that you can do, because you and only you are responsible for your life.
So, how does reading new day quotes help anyone?
The words we read are almost like food for our minds. They are the building blocks that develop our thoughts, our ideas, and our attitudes. A selection of good quotes is almost like having a trusted friend giving you the best advice – it helps you get the best out of yourself every day.
It’d be great if every day we all woke up full of zest and ready to face the day – but this is rarely the reality for most of us. Reading quotes like these can help you cultivate a conscious mindset, and you can slowly but surely move towards making the most of every morning.
Now, let’s move on to the quotes.
57 New Day Quotes to Start Your Morning the Right Way
- “My grandmother lived to 104 years old, and part of her success was she woke up every morning to a brand new day. She said every morning is a new gift. Her favorite hobby was collecting birthdays.” – George Takei
- “Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Every new day begins with possibilities.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely…” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A new day: Be open enough to see opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Each new day has a different shape to it. You just roll with it.” – Ben Zobrist
- “The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,” – Arnold Bennett
- “Every day brings you a chance to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” – Oprah Winfrey.
- “Every day is a new day, and you'll never be able to find happiness if you don't move on” – Carrie Underwood
- “Man starts over again everyday, in spite of all he knows, against all he knows.” – Emil Cioran
- “Never mind those failures till yesterday. Each new day is a sequel of a wonderful life; gifted with hopes to succeed.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “On the other side of this darkness, a new day will slowly dawn.” – Corban Addison
- “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” – Douglas Pagels
- “If you're not getting it perfect, life is still going to go around. The world still turns. It's going to be OK. Tomorrow is a new day.” – Katy Mixon
- “The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” Lao Tzu
- “Start with a brand new good-morning. To your husband or your wife. To your kids. To those you work with – and don't work with. What's the harm? How difficult is it? And it isn't, and you know it. So do it.” – Carew Papritz
- “Every day is a new day, and ultimately, I have to figure out what works each day.” – Nathan Chen
- “The next morning dawned bright and sweet, like ribbon candy.” – Sarah Addison Allen
- “This new day has greeted us with no rules; unconditional opportunity. Do not dilute the power of this new day with the hardship of yesterday. Greet this day the way it has greeted you; with open arms and endless possibility.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Turn the clock to zero, honey, we're starting up a brand new day.” – Sting
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “I think every day is a new day, every day is a new opportunity, and every day is a new chance.” – Jennifer Winget
- “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Abbie Hoffman
- “Remember that even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise, and, with it, a new day.” – Victor Hugo
- “On the other side of this darkness, a new day will slowly dawn.” – Corban Addison
- “Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all.” – Og Mandino
- “Tomorrow when I awaken, the slate will be clean, and a new day will stretch before me. God's mercies are new every morning.” – Lori Hatcher
- “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” – Germany Kent
- “Today is a new day. Even if you were wrong yesterday, you can get it right today.” – Dwight Howard
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi
- “It's a new dawn it's a new day it's a new life for me And I'm feeling good” – Leslie Bricusse
- “There is no tomorrow and there was no yesterday; if you truly want to accomplish your goals you must engulf yourself in today.” – Noel DeJesus
- “Today is a brand new day. A perfectly good reason to get up and start over. Never give up.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Never mind those failures till yesterday. Each new day is a sequel of a wonderful life; gifted with hopes to succeed.” – Aniruddha Sastikar
- “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning.” – Prince
- “Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Imagine if we treated each new dawn of each new day with the same reverence and joy as we do each new year.” – Angie Lynn
- “Each day is always breaking out anew. Aspirations swirling round what you do” – Richard L. Ratliff
- “It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day? I don’t know about you, but I make plenty. You can’t turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead.” – Mel Gibson
It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day? I don’t know about you, but I make plenty. You can’t turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead.” – Mel Gibson
- “Another day, another chance.” – A.D. Aliwat
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T. S. Eliot
- “You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean? Make way for the positive day cause it’s a new day.” – Bob Marley
- “Stay away from what might have been and look at what can be.” – Marsha Petrie Sue
- “The night taught me never to fear the dark times, by giving way to the dawn of a new day.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “It takes strength to step enthusiastically into each day of our lives. This strength comes more readily on some days than on others, but every day makes demands on us.” – Karen Casey
- “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called tomorrow.” – Stephen King
- “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” – Alan Cohen
- “You will never win if you never begin.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The fact that it’s a new day won’t matter if I don’t greet it with a new attitude.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
- “You are what you choose to be today. Not what you’ve chosen to be before.” – Wayne Dyer
- “If the sun comes up, I have a chance.” – Venus Williams
Final Thoughts on New Day Quotes
We hope that these quotes help you to start every day in the best frame of mind that you possibly can. While life is not always a bed of roses and sunshine, tiny adjustments in how you think can make ginormous impacts on your entire day – when tallied over many years this can completely change your life for the better.
Check out these 60 affirmations to set the tone for a good day.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Positive Vibes Quotes to Feel Better Daily
- 75 Simple Life Quotes to Focus on What’s Important
- 35 Inspirational Have a Great Day Quotes and Sayings
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.