There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Ready to shift your mindset quickly? There's no better or faster way than to practice mindfulness mantras. I first learned of the value of mindfulness mantras after I had been in my career for more than ten years. I wish I had known about them sooner!
I like to think that I’m a pretty positive person, but there are some days… ones when you could use a little something to quickly reset your mindset to make your day more productive and more enjoyable.
It’s a fact that mantras work. According to the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, several studies have found that mantra-based practices can help to reduce stress and anxiety levels, improve cognitive function, and enhance overall well-being.
In this article you'll find out what mindfulness mantras are, why you should use them to reset your mindset, and how to do just that. Plus, I’ll give you 50 mantras that will help you quickly shift your mindset whenever you want.
What are Mindfulness Mantras?
Mindfulness is being fully present and engaged in the current moment, without judgment or distraction. It involves intentionally paying attention to the present moment, including your thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and the environment around you.
Using mantras, which are phrases or words, can help you focus your attention and are often repeated to help quiet the mind and bring your attention back to the present moment.
Mantras are sometimes referred to as affirmations that are practiced through various techniques, including meditation, breathing exercises, and body scans.
They help you to observe your thoughts and emotions while not getting caught up in them. That way, you're able to develop a more balanced perspective.
The use of these mindfulness mantras can help you to develop concentration, reduce your stress and anxiety, and promote a sense of calm, joy, and inner peace within you.
They can be used as tools to bring more focus, peace, and self-compassion to your life. Ultimately, the choice of mantra is personal to you and your situation, and it should be something that resonates with you and gives you purpose to stay focused on the present moment.
How To Use Mindfulness Mantras to Quickly Shift Your Mindset
Using mantras can be an effective way to shift your mindset and cultivate a more positive and present-focused perspective. You'll want to choose a mantra that resonates with you and evokes a sense of positivity and mindfulness.
If possible, set aside some time dedicated for you to meditate on the mantra or mantras you choose. Before you begin, take a few deep breaths to center yourself and get ready to accept the mantra.
The goal of mindfulness is to cultivate a greater sense of awareness and acceptance of your experiences, which can lead to shifting your mindset as you'll have greater mental clarity, emotional stability, and overall well-being.
Once your mindset shifts, you can better manage stress and reduce anxiety and depression symptoms.
As you're repeating your mantra, you may find that your mind wanders. No worries, just bring it back into the moment. I don't know about you, but sometimes, it's difficult to keep my mind from wandering… especially if there's stress or worry in my life.
So, just know that it's natural for your mind to wander as you begin to relax. No need to stress over it. Just intentionally acknowledge your mind has become distracted, then focus on bringing it back in line with meditating on your mantra.
What are the Benefits of Using Mantras?
When you become adept at using mantras, you may be surprised at how they help sharpen your focus and concentration. You'll find that being in the moment will be easier to achieve.
Plus, you'll notice that your emotions are regulated, which helps you to respond to negative situations more productively.
With the benefits you gain, you'll find that you're less stressed and able to have more restful sleep. The best part is that as you continue to practice mindfulness, you'll notice increased feelings of well-being and self-awareness.
Our List of 50 Mindfulness Mantras
1. I am present in this beautiful moment.
2. I release all negative thoughts and emotions and feel them drift away.
3. I am grateful for all that I have in my life.
4. My thoughts do not control me; I control my own thoughts.
5. I breathe in my peace; I breathe out any stress.
6. I am capable of handling any challenges or adversity that comes my way.
7. I am worthy of love, peace, and happiness.
8. I am a work in progress, and I accept that.
9. I choose to see the good in all situations.
10. I am in control of my emotions.
11. I release fear and embrace courage.
12. I am deserving of success and abundance.
13. I am grateful for my breath and the life it brings.
14. I choose to focus on the positive aspects of my life.
15. I trust in the process of life.
16. I choose to let go of the past and embrace the present moment.
17. I am open to change and growth.
18. I trust in my ability to handle any situation that arises.
19. I am at peace with myself and my surroundings.
20. I choose to let go of worry and anxiety.
21. I am grateful for the blessings in my life.
22. I am patient with myself and others.
23. I am open to receiving abundance in all areas of my life.
24. I am at ease with myself and my thoughts.
25. I choose to live in the moment, not in the past or future.
26. I release judgment and embrace compassion.
27. I choose to live with intention and purpose.
28. I am grateful for the opportunities in my life.
29. I deserve love and respect.
30. I am grateful for the lessons that come with each experience.
31. I choose to let go of control and trust in the universe.
32. I am at peace with my past and present.
33. I am open to new possibilities and experiences.
34. I release all expectations and embrace the unknown.
35. I choose to see the good in myself and others.
36. I am worthy of happiness and joy.
37. I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
38. I choose to let go of worry and stress.
39. I am patient with myself and my progress.
40. I am open to receiving love and abundance.
41. I release all limiting beliefs and embrace my true potential.
42. I am present in my body, mind, and soul.
43. I choose to let go of the past and embrace the present.
44. I am deserving of success and happiness.
45. I trust the process of practicing mindfulness.
46. I believe I have the capacity to experience peace.
47. I am grateful for the journey of my life.
48. I release negative feelings and choose joy.
49. I am open to accepting restful sleep.
50. I am grateful for a sense of calmness in my life.
Final Thoughts on Mindfulness Mantras That Can Quickly Shift Your Mindset
Using mindfulness mantras can be a powerful tool to use toward improving your mental and emotional well-being, while cultivating a more positive and in-the-moment mindset. You will be able to focus and place greater perspective on what's really important.
By choosing a mantra that resonates with you, setting aside time for mindfulness practice, and repeating your mantra during your meditation sessions… you can train your mind to focus on the present moment and cultivate a more mindful and positive mindset, which will serve you well in every area of your life. In fact, some of the most successful people achieve greatness because they believe they can.
And if you want more powerful mantras, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 99 Daily Mantras for Happiness, Love, Positivity & Wellbeing
- 55 Powerful English One Word Mantras to Inspire You
- 7 Steps to Practice the So Hum Mantra Meditation
Finally, if you want a simple way to reduce your stress and anxiety, then try writing these 35 mindfulness journaling prompts to live more in the present moment.