There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Life is just too short – have you ever heard this statement before?
Why do so many great minds talk about accepting our mortality?
You might be wondering just why people say this, or perhaps you think that the days and years are rolling by faster and faster?
Whether you have your whole life ahead of you, or if the time seems to be slipping away then these 75 life is too short quotes are here to help you understand.
The fact is, we are all mortal and we all have a limited amount of time to enjoy ourselves on this planet. The sooner you understand this, the happier you will be and the better your life gets.
Before we get to the quotes, let's talk more about savoring the moment with our limited time.
Why is William Shakespeare always depicted as holding a human skull? Is it because he was fascinated by skeletons? No, he was reminding himself that he had a limited time to live.
You might be thinking that it’s a bad thing to think about how much time you have, but on the contrary, understanding this can be the catalyst that changes your life.
It’s our limited time that makes us choose what’s important to us, and understanding this can help you build resilience and focus on what you want to get out of your life.
Our frantic pace of life these days can pull us out of the moment, as we get caught up in working demanding jobs or worry our days away.
These life is too short quotes can help you put your life back into your hands, as the time you have on this planet is the most precious gift you have. Once the time is gone, nothing can get it back.
Without consciously checking in now and again, we can easily get trapped in the tasks and business of day-to-day life. We get swept away by an ocean of responsibilities, but you owe it to yourself to take some time to reflect – as our society has pushed this away in favor of just being more productive.
That’s exactly what these life is too short quotes are going to help you do, they’ll act as a little springboard for your awareness, as words can be tremendously powerful.
Now let's take a look at these quotes.
- “Life is too short to live on low-fat everything.”- Kristin Scott Thomas
- “If you want something, don’t wish for it. Life is too short to wait.”- Stephen Hines
- “No regrets … just lessons. No worries … just acceptance. No expectations … just gratitude. Life is too short.” – Jesse Joseph
- “I have no time for the endless nostalgia: ‘Oh gosh I used to . . . ‘ Life is too short; I don’t have any time for sitting and saying I miss things. What’s the point? Go and do something else.” – Kate Adie
- “Life is too short to spend in negativity. So I have made a conscious effort to not be where I don’t want to be.” – Hugh Dillon
- “What is the secret to the art of life? The secret is this – live in full awareness. Don’t grope in the darkness; don’t walk in sleep; walk in awareness. – Osho
- “The span of Life is too short to be trifled away in unconcerning and unprofitable Matters.” – Mary Astell
- “There’s not enough time to be disrespecting… Life is too short.” – Mary J. Blige
- “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it’s business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don’t love what you’re doing and you can’t give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You’ll be an old man before you know it.”- Al Lopez
- “Enjoy life while you can. It can be taken in a heartbeat” – Jasmin Morin
- “When I die, when my coffin is carried out, you must never think, I am missing this world” – Rumi
- “As you grow older, you’ll find the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do.” – Zachary Scott
- “Life is short and the older you get, the more you feel it. Indeed, the shorter it is. People lose their capacity to walk, run, travel, think, and experience life. I realise how important it is to use the time I have.” – Viggo Mortensen
- “A little foolishness, enough to enjoy life, and a little wisdom to avoid the errors, that will do.” – Osho
- “I don’t have a bad relationship. I’m 48 years old. I think life is too short for that. To me, life is… you open the shutters, you see the dogs outside, you look left, you look right, in, what, a second and a half? And that’s a life.” – Jean Claude Van Damme
- “We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves.” – George M. Adams
- “Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential.” – B. Alan Wallace
- “Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.” – John Burroughs
- “Life is too short to worry about anything. You had better enjoy it because the next day promises nothing.” – Eric Davis
- “If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.” – Larry McMurtry
- “Seize the time… Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” – Jean-Luc Picard
- “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.”- Phillips Brooks
- “Expect an early death – it will keep you busier.” – Martin H. Fischer
- “Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying.” – Christian Gellert
- “Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
- “You start dying really when you start breathing, at the same moment. It is not right to say that death comes in the end, it has always been with you from the very beginning.” – Osho
- “I don't spend time wondering what might be next; I just focus on trying to savor every day.” – Trisha Yearwood
- “It always pays to dwell slowly on the beautiful things – the more beautiful the more slowly.” – Atticus
- “Life is short. Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly” – Paulo Coelho
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”- Seth Godin
- “Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.” – Charles Richards
- “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.” – Stephen Vincent Benét
- “Our time in this life is limited. And how we respect that time will create a greater possibility for fulfillment.” – Ruben Papian
- “We had two goals…One was to cherish every moment together, cherish the journey because the journey allows you to learn and grow. The other was to win a gold medal.” – Kerri Walsh
- “Waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost a part of your life.” – Michael Leboeuf
- “Live honestly to a higher note. Life is too short. So, do the best you can and live your life to a higher note.” – Kimora Lee Simmons
- “Quiet is a blessed gift. In this frantic world how we must cherish every moment of it, and carve it out for ourselves every chance we get.” – Anne Ortlund
- “Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day.” – Melody Beattie
“Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day.” – Melody Beattie
- “Life is short. Stop worrying so much. Have fun. Be grateful. Be yourself. Don’t allow others to bring you down. Life is a one-time offer. Live to your fullest.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down” – Zig Ziglar
- “Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. Remember ‘Life is too short to be little” – Dale Carnegie
- “We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Everything in-between is a gift.” – Yul Brynner
- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” –Thomas S. Monson
- 47. “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” – A.J. Lawless
- “If there’s even a slight chance at getting something that will make you happy, risk it. Life’s too short and happiness is too rare.” – A.R. Lucas
- “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma —which is living with the results of other people's thinking.” – Steve Jobs.
- “Each moment is just what it is. It might be the only moment of our life; it might be the only strawberry we'll ever eat. We could get depressed about it, or we could finally appreciate it and delight in the preciousness of every single moment of our life.” – Pema Chodron
- “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.” – Buddha
- “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.”- Unknown
- “We only have one life and one body to care of, and we better do it right. You never know what tomorrow may bring and so we better live this life the best we can and be grateful for everything we have.” – Novak Djokovic
- “The present never ages. Each moment is like a snowflake, unique, unspoiled, unrepeatable, and can be appreciated in its surprisingness.” – Gail Sheehy
- “Today is our most precious possession. It is our only sure possession.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Life is way too short to continue thinking you’re not worthy or good enough. Regardless of what others have told you, you are enough and are worthy of love and belonging.” – Kevin Ngo
- “A busy life makes it harder to truly experience the sensual world. So, slow down.” – Lebo Grand
- “Be where you are, otherwise you will miss your life.” – Buddha
- “Learning to live in the present moment is part of the path of joy.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Every day has been so short, every hour so fleeting, every minute so filled with the life I love that time for me has fled on too swift a wing.” – Aga Khan III
- “Learn to get from the day. Not just get through it, get from it. Soak it up. Each day is a piece of the mosaic of your life.” – Jim Rohn
- “They look so relaxed, so happily engaged in the present moment, these four women drinking cappuccinos and savoring the creamy cannolis.” – Sophia Bar-Lev
- “Every moment allows your the opportunity to take a deep breath in and be grateful for the fact that you can take in a breath.” – John Assaraf
- “We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.” – Robert A. Johnson
- “Every moment of life is precious and can never happen again and therefore is a reason to appreciate, be grateful for and celebrate the fact that you are alive.” – Zelig Pliskin
- “Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness.” – Kalidasa
- “Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Our lives are composed of a finite set of moments that we choose how to spend.” – John Green
- “You have to embrace getting older. Life is precious, and when you've lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.” – Meryl Streep
- “One can appreciate & celebrate each moment — there’s nothing more sacred. There’s nothing more vast or absolute. In fact, there’s nothing more!” – Pema Chodron
- “Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.” – Shirley Conran
- “Life is short, and truth works far and lives long: let us then speak the truth.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “If you’re always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you’re in? Slow down and enjoy the moment you’re in and live your life to the fullest.” – Nanette Mathews
- “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” – Albert Einstein
- “In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” –Abraham Lincoln
That’s the end of our life is too short quotes compilation. We hope that they’ve given you some new perspectives to consider. It truly is a miracle that you are alive today, and these quotes can help you realize that on a deeper level.
Your time is limited, it’s precious, and it’s absolutely vital to our well-being and mental health that we take the time to stop and savor the present moment.
To help you build this awareness, check out these 95 gratitude affirmations for a daily dose of thankfulness. Looking for things to be thankful for and grateful for is an excellent way to start savoring every moment.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 65 Trust the Process Quotes to Inspire Your Life Journey
- 67 Priority Quotes on How to Identify What’s Truly Important
- 57 Starting Over Quotes to Help You Move On
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.