There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Intentional living is all about being mindful of the choices we make and the actions we take. It’s about being aware of our thoughts, feelings, and motivations.
And by being intentional, we can create a more meaningful existence and live with purpose.
It’s all too easy to drift from day to day. To get up and go through the repetitive chores of daily life without giving it a second thought.
But these be intentional quotes can help you reconnect with your goals. They provide reassurance when needed. And a clear focus when you might otherwise lose sight.
By taking the time to reflect, you can start to understand what matters most in life. And more importantly, how to make it happen.
If you’ve ever had one of those “What am I doing with my life?” moments, you’re not alone.
At one point or another, almost all of us have come to the realization that we have no idea what we’re doing. Or where our life is heading.
And whilst for some people, it might be a fleeting thought that disappears with the wind, for others, it’s life-changing. A pivotal point that leaves a mark. And ignites a fire within.
You want more out of life. You want to see more. Feel more. Do more.
And intentionality plays a huge part in that. It’s the conscious effort to plan and take action to achieve what you want out of life. To reach further and not let the little things get in your way.
Whether that be in your relationships or your career. The way you raise your kids. Or the journeys you take around the world, with the people you meet and the happiness you bring to their lives.
It all starts with intention. A conscious decision to do something meaningful. And having the strength to chase your dreams.
Keep your head high and focus on where you want to be. But don’t lose sight of where you’ve come from so far.
The time and energy you’ve already given will help motivate you to keep going. To keep pushing forward. And to keep believing in yourself.
As seen in these be intentional quotes, intention gives us the power to manifest our dreams. And to live the life we’ve always wanted.
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Make your life a meaningful one” – Sunday Adelaja
- “Choose your intention carefully and then practice holding your consciousness to it, so it becomes the guiding light in your life.” – Roger Delano Hinkins
- “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin
- “An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing. An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance.” – John CMaxwell
An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing. An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance.” – John CMaxwell
- “What if I fall?” “Oh, but Darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
- “The busier you are, the more intentional you must be.” – Michael Hyatt
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Every journey begins with the first step of articulating the intention, and then becoming the intention.” – Bryant McGill
- “When your intention is clear, so is the way.” – Alan Cohen
- “If you’re going to grow, you have to be intentional.” – Curt Kampmeier
- “When you get right down to it, intentional living is about living your best story.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
- “It takes me living an intentional, mindful, and quiet life to hear or see what’s here. Great art doesn’t necessarily create something new, it helps you appreciate what’s already here.” – Eric Overby
It takes me living an intentional, mindful, and quiet life to hear or see what’s here. Great art doesn’t necessarily create something new, it helps you appreciate what’s already here.” – Eric Overby
- “Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
- “You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Also, think about your intentionality – are you getting lost in the method? or coming from the intentionality, the purpose? You don’t want to do the mechanics without the consciousness.” – Marshall B. Rosenberg
- “To live intentionally implies that it is not going to be always convenient, but it is what will take you to significance if you do not give up.” – Sunday Adelaja
- “If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.” – Buddha
- “You can’t stop the waves but you can learn how to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “Over time, even the tiniest meaningful actions add up, each one bringing you closer to a life that is truer to your dreams and free of regret.” – Jane McGonigal
- “The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
- “No, we don’t need more sleep. It’s our souls that are tired, not our bodies. We need nature. We need magic. We need adventure. We need freedom. We need truth. We need stillness. We don’t need more sleep, we need to wake up and live.” – Brooke Hampton
No, we don’t need more sleep. It’s our souls that are tired, not our bodies. We need nature. We need magic. We need adventure. We need freedom. We need truth. We need stillness. We don’t need more sleep, we need to wake up and live.” – Brooke Hampton
- “Intentional days create a life on purpose.” – Adrienne Enns
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
- “It’s not about ‘what can I accomplish?’ but ‘what do I want to accomplish? Paradigm shift.” – Brené Brown
- “Most people want to hear or tell a good story. But they don’t realize they can and should be the good story. That requires intentional living.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.” – Rumi
- “Work on Purpose, Play on Purpose, Rest on Purpose. Do not let yourself or anyone else waste your time.” – Izey Victoria Odiase
- “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” – Roy E. Disney
- “When your intentions are pure, so too will be your success.” – Charles F. GlassmanMD
- “The key is not to prioritize your schedule but to schedule your priorities.” – Steven Covey
- “Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us.” – Richie Norton
- “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
- “You can go slow. Allow your dreams and goals to change, but live an intentional life.” – Kumail Nanjiani
- “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Deposit your best in people, not your bank account, to leave a legacy that counts.” – Terrie Davoll Hudson
- “The power of intention is the power to manifest, to create, to live a life of unlimited abundance, and to attract into your life the right people at the right moments.” -Wayne Dyer
- “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
Final Thoughts on Quotes About Being Intentional
As the saying goes, “We get out of life what we put into it.” So if you want to achieve more, to do more and be more, then you need to act with intention. To make every decision with purpose.
And consider how it will affect your journey going forward as the decisions you make today will have a lasting impact on your life in the future. Live your life with intention, with purpose, and with all the happiness you deserve.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 51 Healing Quotes for Rejuvenating Body & Mind
- 75 Positive Quotes to Lift Up Yourself or Other People
- 107 Quotes About Overcoming Adversity & Challenges in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.