There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
We’ve all been left brokenhearted at some point in our lives. It goes hand in hand with falling in love, having a pet, and even your Grandma’s apple pie if you’re unfortunate enough to miss out on the last slice.
But, despite how it feels at the time, our hearts are unbelievably strong. They possess an incredible resilience that allows them to keep beating, even when faced with immense pain. And it’s this strength that enables us to heal and open our hearts to love again.
So, take comfort in the fact that your heart will mend and that you’ll find happiness once again.
And that there will, inevitably, be more pie.
If you break an arm or a leg, the impact is clearly visible. There’s usually a cast, or a wheelchair if you’re lucky. And the people around you can’t do enough to help.
But when your heart breaks, it's a very different story. The pain is easily overlooked by others. And you’re expected to simply carry on with your life.
This can be incredibly difficult and feel so unfair. To you, the hurt is every bit as real as a broken bone. And there’s not a crutch strong enough to make it any easier.
But, like most injuries, over time the pain will lessen. The moments that were once filled with sadness and overthinking will be replaced with happier times. And day after day, you’ll find reasons to smile again.
It won't always be easy. But remember, whether it's your first teenage crush or the end of a ten-year marriage, you’re not alone in your pain.
There are friends, family, and even strangers who genuinely care about you and want to help you heal your broken heart. They'll be there to offer a shoulder to cry on, lend an ear to listen, and provide the support you need to get through the difficult days.
And there are countless ways to help shift your focus to a positive light. You can start journaling to express your emotions, explore new hobbies to distract yourself, and even find comfort in reading these broken heart quotes to remind you of your inner strength.
You are stronger than you could ever imagine. You just need to believe in yourself to get through this.
Now, let’s get started with these broken-heart quotes.
- “Our bodies heal without permission, but our hearts need consent. Give it.” – Lauren Eden
- “You can’t have heartbreak without love. If your heart was really broken, then at least you know you really loved him.” – Leila Sales
- “If someone can walk away from you, let them walk.” – Unknown
- “I’d rather love a million times and have my heart broken every time, than hold a permanently empty heart forever.” – H.C. Paye
- “Don’t let someone who isn’t worth your love make you forget how much you are worth.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just His way of letting you realize that He saved you from the wrong one.” – Unknown
- “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
- “Some things break your heart but fix your vision.” – Unknown
- “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and it’s part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.” – Heidi Klum
- “Starting today, I need to forget what's gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next.” – Unknown
- “Pain makes you stronger, tears make you braver, and heartbreaks make you wiser, so thank the past for a better future.” – Unknown
- “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I will not allow myself to not feel chosen every single day. And I’ll wait till whenever that is.” – Hannah Brown
- “That though the heart is breaking, happiness can exist in a moment, also. And because the moment in which we live is all the time there really is, we can keep going.” – Zora Neale Hurston
- “Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.” – Unknown
- “The heart will break, but broken love on.” – Lord Byron
- “Don't be afraid to start over. It’s a brand new opportunity to rebuild what you truly want.” – Unknown
- “Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde
- “So since i’m still here livin’, i guess I will live on. I could’ve died for love–but for livin’ I was born.” – Langston Hughes
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
- “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.” – Drake
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “With time the pain eases, the body recovers and the brain figures out new ways to go on.” – Federico Chini
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Healing comes in waves and maybe today the wave hits the rocks. And that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. You are still healing you are still healing.” – Ljeoma Umebinyeo
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “The heart was made to be broken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Some people are going to leave, but that's not the end of your story. That's the end of their part in your story.” – Faraaz Kazi
- “Happiness is the china shop; love is the bull.” – H. L. Mencken
- “The human heart is the only thing whose worth increases the more it is broken.” – Shakieb Orgunwall
- “Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.” – Rita Stradling
- “You ask everybody you know: How long does it usually take to get over it? There are many formulas. One year for every year you dated. Two years for every year you dated. It’s just a matter of willpower: The day you decide it’s over, it’s over. You never get over it.” – Junot Díaz
You ask everybody you know: How long does it usually take to get over it? There are many formulas. One year for every year you dated. Two years for every year you dated. It’s just a matter of willpower: The day you decide it’s over, it’s over. You never get over it.” – Junot Díaz
- “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you; feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.” – Frank Ocean
- “The biggest lesson I’ve learned is, ‘it’s okay.’ It’s okay for me to be kind to myself. It’s okay to be wrong. It’s okay to get mad. It’s okay to be flawed. It’s okay to be happy. It’s okay to move on.” – Unknown
- “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” – Rob Liano
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “To make real friends, you have to put yourself out there. Sometimes people will let you down, but you can’t let that stop you. If you get hurt, you just pick yourself up, dust off your feelings, and try again.” – Kristin Hannah
- “When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.” – Coco J. Ginger
- “Sometimes a broken heart can mend something else’s brokenness.” – Munia Khan
- “You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.” – Isabel Gillies
- “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “It takes a lot of strength to mend a broken heart. Being able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them helps immensely.” – Deepika Padukone
- “Lips that taste of tears, they say, are the best for kissing.” – Dorothy Parker
- “Often, what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.” – Unknown
- “Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.” – Unknown
- “When you are standing in [a]forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope” – Elizabeth Gilbert
When you are standing in [a]forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
- “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't.” – Stephen King
- “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Parra
- “I am proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow still works.” – Unknown
- “When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.” – April Mae Monterrosa
- “Healing is an art. It takes time. It takes practice. It takes love.” – Unknown
- “Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.” – Frank Ocean
- “The people that are quick to walk away are the ones that never intended to stay.” – Unknown
- “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks, and you pray for rain.” – Andrea Gibson
- “Six letters, two words, easy to say, hard to explain, harder to do: Move on.” – Unknown
- “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you. Because once upon a time, you were exactly what I needed.” – Bob Marley
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
“You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “Don’t cling to a mistake just because you spent a long time making it.” – Unknown
- “When you go through heartbreak, you just do the things that get you by. Eventually, you realize it’s about making the most of life.” – Britney Spears
- “If you really want closure… at some point, you have to shut the door.” – Jacki Wells Wunderlin
- “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
When it comes to mending a broken heart, it's important to remember that this is just a temporary phase in your life. It may feel like the pain will never go away, but as the saying goes, time truly does heal all wounds.
And rather than hating your misery, you should embrace the fact that you have the ability to love deeply and passionately, even if it means experiencing heartbreak along the way. It shows that you’re alive and willing to take risks, rather than living a cold and empty life.
It’s time to embrace the rollercoaster of emotions. And know that better days are on the horizon.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blogs:
- 83 Cheating Quotes & Sayings to Help You Heal
- 31 Best Life is Messy Quotes and Sayings
- 55 Strong Women Quotes to Inspire Your Independence
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.