61 Words of Encouragement for Kids to Brighten Their Day
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Children who are encouraged and given positive reinforcement for their accomplishments will grow up into encouraging, motivated compassionate adults.
According to some experts, a child’s brain isn’t fully developed until he/she is 25, so the more positive influences they encounter including family members, friends, teachers, mentors, colleagues, and supervisors, the stronger and more emotionally balanced they will become.
So with that in mind, here is a list of 61 words of encouragement you can share with the important children in your life. But first, let me give you a quick definition:
What You Will Learn
What are Words of Encouragement for Kids?
Words of encouragement are positive statements of hope, courage, and support that should be used continually to shape a child’s self-confidence. Courage is actually part of the word, encouragement.
It’s important to note that encouraging words should be used to reinforce good behavior and correct negative behavior. This can be challenging, but with practice, it can be very effective.
So to help you out, here are a few words of encouragement, broken down into a few different categories.
Words of Encouragement for Kids Who are Having a Bad Day
- I understand what you are going through and I love you.
- Remember this is just one day of your whole life.
- Let’s talk about it. It will make you feel better.
- Let’s do something you like to do to make you happier.
- I love you and we will work through this together.
- Tomorrow things will look so much better.
- I love you and will help you through this.
- We are always on your side.
- You can count on us to make you feel better.
- Everyone has bad days, and it’s ok to feel that way.
- Let’s take a walk and see something beautiful .
- You are a strong and smart and beautiful/handsome.
- Don’t give up! You make me so proud.
- Take some deep breaths and blow out the bad feelings.
- This grade on your test isn’t who you are.
- It’s ok to have a disagreement with your best friend.
- You learn so much from making mistakes.
- You are capable of so much, so don’t ever give up.
- I’m proud of you and the way you handled that.
Words of Encouragement to Motivate and Inspire Kids
- Keep up the great work. It really shows.
- Words cannot tell you how proud I am of you.
- I am so excited you learned something new.
- You are strong and brave and so smart.
- You can do anything when you make up your mind to do it.
- This is just the beginning of your greatness.
- Always look up, be full of hope and reach for the stars.
- Asking for help shows your strength and courage.
- You are so much stronger than you think.
- Dare to be different and you will dazzle them.
- Keep dreaming and with hard work, your dreams can come true.
- The future looks bright because you are bright.
- Your compassion keeps me strong when I feel like giving up.
- When you go one step further the rewards are unlimited.
- I am so proud of how hard you are working.
- You are an original and there is no one else like you.
- Take one step at a time and you will get there.
- Don’t give up, look at the problem from a different angle.
- Put yourself in their shoes and then you can walk beside them.
- Be true to yourself and listen to your inner voice.
Words of Encouragement to Express Gratitude
- Take time to tell someone you care.
- See the glass half full instead of half-empty.
- Start each day thanking God for your blessings.
- The foundation of happiness is gratitude.
- You are beautiful inside and out.
- I love how you smile at me and others.
- You brighten up the room and I love being with you.
- Sharing shows you are caring.
- Thankful and grateful go hand in hand.
- Always appreciate the little things because they add up.
- Surround yourself with those who are as grateful as you.
- Your spirit is light and lovely and makes you shine.
- The secret to friendship is empathy.
- Thanks for always warming my heart with kindness.
- Kindness is the key to a happy heat.
- Respect yourself and others around you.
- Your kind words can change someone’s whole day.
- Be thankful for your family and friends.
- I am blessed and so thankful you are in my life.
- Take time to smell the roses, they are as beautiful as you.
- You have a dear heart for helping others.
- I am grateful to have you in my life.
Final Thoughts on Words of Encouragement for Kids
Words are very powerful and can make a very big difference in how a child sees their world. If they are surrounded by parents, adults, and friends who teach them how to love themselves and love others that walk through their lives, they will grow up to understand the importance of empathy themselves.
This list of 61 encouraging words for children is only a few of many you can incorporate into your everyday day conversations. Consistency is key and keeping the dialogue open, positive, and encouraging, for both children and adults is a win, win.