The Beginner’s Guide to Happier Human
HappierHuman is dedicated to making you happier – whether you’re sad, content or jubilant, life has more to offer you. That means:
- Figuring out what you want from life, rather than letting others decide for you.
- Using proven methods from positive psychology for getting there, rather than assuming that traditional methods are best.
- Applying half a century of motivation psychology to get your life moving, fast.
Most Valuable Posts
- The 31 Benefits of Gratitude You Didn’t Know About: How Gratitude Can Change Your Life
- How To Be Happy – 54 Ways to Permanently Increase Your Happiness Set Point
- The Hedonic Treadmill – If Only Happiness Were As Easy As Marriage, a Big House, and Kids
- How Grateful Are You? Interactive Quiz + Seven Strategies for Cultivating Gratitude
- The Power and Vestigiality of Positive Emotion – What’s Your Happiness Ratio?
- Money Secret #1: Buy Many Small Pleasures
You can find the full list of past articles here.
About Amit – The Short Version:
For most of life that I remember, I’ve been in pain – depression, fibromyalgia, migraines, tension headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, hypersomnia, and emotional detachment.
Yet on the surface, I was doing okay – I grew up in a stable household with two caring parents, won tons of awards in high-school, graduated with latin honors from a prestigious university, started a company when I was 19, and got employed straight out of college at the world’s largest consulting firm.
It wasn’t just me – there are tens of millions of people living the ‘dream’ life – married, big house, good job, but still wanting more. Many settle for contentment. Others for the lies told by the TV. Many suffer from chronic pain, others from depression, anxiety, stale marriages, and worse.
I wanted better – for me and for others, so I quit my job and started studying the science of happiness. What is it that really makes people smile?
I discovered that I’d been lied to – that materialism is one of the most inefficient paths for creating a life of satisfaction and happiness.
Get the Free Ebook: 16 Happiness Strategies That Work
Join the community!
If you want to live an intentional life, you’re not alone. I hope you’ll subscribe to article email updates, which I write at least once or twice a month. You’ll also get the free, 45 page Happiness Report. Check out the details here, or just enter your email below: