There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
If you’re someone who likes to plan your future, be it for the next 30 seconds or the next 30 years, you might find the idea of fate a bit airy fairy.
It’s often said alongside terms such as ‘What will be, will be’ or ‘Let’s just let fate decide’. And it probably feels like a mystery ride you’re not sure you want to take.
That’s completely understandable. We all want to have some kind of say in our future. Of where we’re heading. And how things might pan out, give or take a few bumps in the road.
But these fate quotes will help you to see that fate doesn't mean ‘Out of your hands'. And show you that you can actually shape your future by embracing it for all it has to offer.
Whether you believe in fate or not is a very personal subject. Whilst some people would say that fate brought them the opportunities, others would argue that it's down to the years of hard work they’d put in, be it for that new job, or buying their dream house.
And neither points are wrong. You do have to work hard to get what you want out of life. But it’s only through the decisions to work hard, to go the extra mile, and put the effort in, that opportunities are put before you.
You have to get out there and present yourself to the world. Because no matter how great you are, nobody’s going to see it from behind closed doors.
And whilst that may be hard, and fall right out of your comfort zone, being in the right place at the right time can dramatically change your life. You have to make those choices to put yourself in that place, otherwise, it’ll pass you by.
Remember, you have the power to create the life you want. Every decision you make has the potential to change your future. And on this, you should never give up.
As you read these fate quotes, you’ll see that your future is full of endless possibilities. So, get ready to be inspired to take charge of your fate and embrace your future with open arms.
- “My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.” – Charles Kettering
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.” – Henry Miller
- “Fate leads the willing and drags along the reluctant.” – Seneca
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
- “What is coming is better than what is gone.” – Arabic Proverb
- “Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future.” – Guy Finley
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Life is not always going to be roses and rainbows. You are going to have uncomfortable moments. It’s what we do with those moments that is going to count and determine our destiny.” – Lana
- “The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different.” – Peter Drucker
- “Living an experience, a particular fate, is accepting it fully.” – Albert Camus
- “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” – Unknown
- “No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless.” – Drake
- “Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
- “The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation.” – Unknown
- “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” – Allen Saunders
- “Fate is a train roaring down the track of life. Sometimes you step off the track, and unless you look back over your shoulder and see the train go roaring past, you don’t know what you missed.” – Brenda Warneka
- “Let go of the past and go for the future.” – Unknown
- “What's meant to be will always find a way” – Trisha Yearwood
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Think. About. Your. Future.” – Unknown
- “I wonder how many people don't get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to be with.” – Fannie Flagg
- “Everything happens when it’s supposed to.” – Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- “Never let fear decide your future.” – Unknown
- “I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.” – Hermann Hesse
- “It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.” – Winston Churchill
- “Be loyal to your future, not your past.” – Unknown
- “Some things are destined to be — it just takes us a couple of tries to get there.” – J.R. Ward
- “When I was younger, things happened in my life that made me wonder if they were a coincidence or was it fate? And now, as the years have passed, I strongly believe everything happens for a reason.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” – Julia Glass
- “The future starts today, not tomorrow.” – Pope John Paul II
- “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Fate and self-help share equally in shaping our destiny.” – Proverb
- “I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed.” – Paulo Coelho
I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Let nothing distract us from being happy, let nothing else determine our fate, but ourselves.” – Olehile Fischer Thataone
- “Life is divided into three terms – that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future.” – William Wordsworth
- “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
- “We create our fate every day we live.” – Henry Miller
- “There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.” – Guy Gavriel Kay
- “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” – Amy Tan
- “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…” – John Lennon
Your fate is not predetermined. You get to choose how you want to live your life. How you respond to circumstances. And which paths you wish to walk.
Believe in yourself. And embrace your future, with every opportunity you’re faced with. You only get one chance to live your life. So go and make the most of it!
If you’re looking for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 67 Free Spirit Quotes for Those Who Live Differently
- 65 Fearless Quotes to Find Your Hidden Courage
- 67 Heartwarming Adoption Quotes to Celebrate the Gift of Family
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.